• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alternative protein drinks?

tjstark

Hi guys, I'm really struggling with protein shakes (9 days out). The sweetness/milkshake texture makes me feel nauseous and I struggle to get them down. Today I decided to just whack some unflavoured protein in milk and even that had a horrible taste (the powder overpowered the milk). I've also tried just whacking some of the unflavoured powder into soup etc. but it gives the soup a horrible lumpy texture.

Does anyone know where I can find some alternatives to protein shakes in the UK? Perhaps drinks or iced coffee-type stuff instead of shakes?

Thanks!

Syntrax nectar, it's like a squash rather than a milkshake. It's still very sweet but at least it's a water rather than milky texture.

I use pulsin whey isolate protein. I find that it mixes really well with soup - make sure soup not too boiling hot- and does not have after strong taste. I put the protein first, and add soup, stir.
I don't like the sweet stuff either, those shakes put me off milkshakes for life....which is a good thing I guess :)
Good luck.

Back