• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking for advice RE protein shakes

Hey,

Hope someone can help me with this.

I was firstly wondering how people use protien shakes to make a hot drink. Say when people make coffee and vanilla? Do you just use heated milk and a teaspoon of coffee in a vanilla shake? Does the heat not damage the protein shake?

Also, do people use protein shakes as a drink or a meal replacement? I am currently on purreed food.

Any advice welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!
xx

I've not used protein powder in hot drinks but I have used shakes as either drink or meal replacement. At the moment one of my favourite things to do is an iced coffee shake... mmm !

I've not used protein powder in hot drinks but I have used shakes as either drink or meal replacement. At the moment one of my favourite things to do is an iced coffee shake... mmm !

Thanks Rose, how do you make the iced coffee? I know I sound silly! Do you just blend a shake with a tespoon of coffee granuals? Do they dissolve.

I bet you never thought there could be so many questions about a cup of coffee!
x

Thanks Rose, how do you make the iced coffee? I know I sound silly! Do you just blend a shake with a tespoon of coffee granuals? Do they dissolve.

I bet you never thought there could be so many questions about a cup of coffee!
x

I make a shot of espresso in our coffee machine, add it to cold milk, protein powder and ice cubes, then blitz together. If you haven't got a coffee machine you could just make it with a small cup of strong coffee.

I make a shot of espresso in our coffee machine, add it to cold milk, protein powder and ice cubes, then blitz together. If you haven't got a coffee machine you could just make it with a small cup of strong coffee.

Ah good thinking. Cheers hun!

I've been following your diary and you're a real inspiration to me, especially as you're just a month or so ahead of me. I read your recipe for satay and plan on giving that a go at some point so brace yourself for more questions about that!

Thanks again
x

Sinead, don't forget granny's favourity coffee! Camp in a bottle, liquid that is :) I use it for chilled coffee in the summer :) x

Sinead, don't forget granny's favourity coffee! Camp in a bottle, liquid that is :) I use it for chilled coffee in the summer :) x

Doesn't that have lots of sugar in it ??

Urgh, don't remind me!! lol

Mind you, it comes in handy for making home-made Baileys, not that we'll ever be able to have any of that again :cry:

Rose, i can't see Camp having lots of sugar in it, it is in effect chicory essence! To sweeten my chilled coffee i put granulated sweetener in it....

Twiggie i love Baileys but never tried to make any alcohol, am not a big drinker but do enjoy a Bailey's coffee at xmas! However i'm all too aware of how lucky i've been to have my surgery and i may well not have a special this year but next year i'll deffo have one for sure :) x

I don't touch them, I was told not to by my Dietician. I get my protein from foods such as Cheese, Eggs & Beans.

Rose, i can't see Camp having lots of sugar in it, it is in effect chicory essence! To sweeten my chilled coffee i put granulated sweetener in it....

Twiggie i love Baileys but never tried to make any alcohol, am not a big drinker but do enjoy a Bailey's coffee at xmas! However i'm all too aware of how lucky i've been to have my surgery and i may well not have a special this year but next year i'll deffo have one for sure :) x

Perhaps chicory is naturally sweeter than coffee ? The coffee my nan used to make from Camp was really sweet.

Probably either the amount of sugar she had or she was old fashioned and used evaporated milk or carnation which is sweeter xx

Back