• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes. Help please

HoPe*87*

Hi everyone,

Just wondering do all u post oppers drink protein shakes or use protein supplements? I'm worried about losing my hair now I'm post sleeve. Where is the best and cheapest place to get protein shakes or supplements? Any advice would be great thanks xxx

I might be wrong but, I thought is was mainly bypassers that lose their hair due to the malabsorption.

However whilst you are still really restricted I'm sure protein shakes can't hurt.

I personally have tried loads of different brands and hated them all. I now have Fortimel Regular as it is low fat, not too bad for sugar (as long as I don't drink it in one go!) has 20 grams of protein in it and tastes good.

I know that other people have also used slimfast shakes. I guess as long as its low fat, doesn't contain too much sugar, it doesn't have to be a traditional protein shake.

Be interesting to hear what others have to say, as this is one area that has taken me months to sort out.

Julie xx

You can add skimmed milk powder to milk (great for milk shakes or a milky coffee) which adds loads of protein, I believe it's about the same as an expensive protein shake but lots cheaper. I add a couple of heaped teaspoons of skimmed milk powder to my half a pack of oats so simple for breakfast each morning. Makes it lovely and creamy.

Kate x

Back