• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes

tjstark

Hi guys, I'm researching into what kind of diet I'll need post-op, and one of the things is protein shakes. A lot of other forums are American and don't really help us Brits.

Just wondering what are the best protein powders/shakes for post-sleeve?

I didn't use any as they taste awful to me. I just did my best to sip slim fast and chocolate milk along with water. Good luck!

Hi,

I didn't use them directly post-op, but do use them now.
I prefer Protein Works as they have a huge selection of flavours rather than just the usual vanilla/choc/strawberry/banana. All of the flavours I've tried have been really nice.

Good luck.

I agree with Joanne. The protein works are great and have way more protein than slim fast.

Sarah

What surgery is it you're having? I've had a bypass and can't tolerate SlimFast, the carbs in them work like sugar on my system and, to put it politely, they err.... don't stay digested for long. High protein is much better, even though they're liquid, they will help you feel full and for longer too xXx

Last edited:
I have the Sanatogen Protein Powder every morning. It's unflavoured so is really versatile and available in Boots too so is easy to regularly buy.

I mix 1/2 pint of skim lactofree milk, 1 tbs decaf coffee, 4 tbs protein powder and 2 tbs sugar free syrup (Da Vinci chocolate is my fav) with a few ice cubes in a blender.

It's really filling and super tasty. I'm quite a few years post op so you would have to amend the portions quite a bit but so much better than slimfast. Far too many carbs and sugar in them for me.

Hi,

I didn't use them directly post-op, but do use them now.
I prefer Protein Works as they have a huge selection of flavours rather than just the usual vanilla/choc/strawberry/banana. All of the flavours I've tried have been really nice.

Good luck.

I agree with Joanne. The protein works are great and have way more protein than slim fast.

Sarah

I've been looking at Protein Works and the Whey Isolate 97 looks really good -- very few carbs & sugar.

What flavours are best? x

My favourites are banoffee and strawberries and cream.

Hi guys, I'm researching into what kind of diet I'll need post-op, and one of the things is protein shakes. A lot of other forums are American and don't really help us Brits.

Just wondering what are the best protein powders/shakes for post-sleeve?

Just had my nutritional appointment, and he said I could use my old Exante food packs post op if I wanted... However, he said he would rather I eat proper food liquidized into soup with skimmed milk.

When you decide on your surgery, your nutritionist will advise you appropriately as everyone is different.

Hi Guys

Just looking at the Protein Works site and wondered what would be best for my post op sleeve diet. Any ideas?

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Guys

Just looking at the Protein Works site and wondered what would be best for my post op sleeve diet. Any ideas?

Xx

The best one appears to be Diet Whey Isolate 97. It has 97% protein content (higher than anywhere else I've seen) and it's very low in carbs & sugar. Also, isolate proteins are better than concentrated ones as you're getting more protein.

The best one appears to be Diet Whey Isolate 97. It has 97% protein content (higher than anywhere else I've seen) and it's very low in carbs & sugar. Also, isolate proteins are better than concentrated ones as you're getting more protein.

Whatever you do don't by the millionaires shortbread its so boring in taste. I made the mistake of buying 2kg of the stuff and now am mixing it in with some banana slim fast to improve the taste. :)

Thanks Hun i will have a look xx

Thanks for the tip! Strawberries & cream and mint choc chip have caught me eye personally. YUM!

The good news is they give you a refund if you don't like the stuff but weigh it and you get a refund (with a sliding scale I think depending on how much you have used). Unfortunately I didn't know that until I had had a huge chunk of mine.

Whatever you do don't by the millionaires shortbread its so boring in taste. I made the mistake of buying 2kg of the stuff and now am mixing it in with some banana slim fast to improve the taste. :)

Ha ha ok I will avoid that one x

The good news is they give you a refund if you don't like the stuff but weigh it and you get a refund (with a sliding scale I think depending on how much you have used). Unfortunately I didn't know that until I had had a huge chunk of mine.

Quite an inconvenience for both us as customers and them... why don't they just do sample pouches? I've had four sample pouches from myprotein.com but the protein content at TPW is much better so will just bite the bullet!

I have bought exante packs and they are 15g for 200ml. I currently am having only 1/2 of one a meal though.

Back