• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein shakes

rybens

yorkie puddin!
I was looking for some protein shakes ready made for when im back at work, iv seen these ones but not sure if the carbs are a little high or not thanks for any advice x

Nutritional values quantities per 330ml:
Protein 20g
Carbohydrate 20g
Fat 2.5g
Fibre 3.3g
Sodium 53mg
Vitamin E 3.3mg
Vitamin C 20mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.46mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.53mg
Niacin 6.01mg
Vitamin B6 0.66mg
Vitamin B12 0.83mcg
Biotin 0.05mg
Pantothenic Acid 2.01mg
Calcium 614mg
Phosphorus 340mg
Iron 4.7mg
Magnesium 99mg
Iodine 50mcg
Potassium 353mg
Chloride 49.5mg
Manganese 1.683mg
Molybdenum 53mcg
Chromium 40mcg

Yup they are a little high. Good for later on when you're maintaining but not so great for during the losing stage. Should be aiming for no more than 2g of carbs. There are lots listed in Nics sticky thread in the FAQ section.

Hiya

I know I'm a bander but I get my protein shakes from this site and am currently using the product the link directs you to. Impact milk isolate - Protein powders | myprotein.co.uk

Per serving it provides:
Energy111.0KcalEnergy453.0kJProtein (dry basis)27.0gProtein (as-is)25.7gCarbohydrates0.5gFat0.5gCalcium675.0mg

I know you said you wanted ready made and I make my own in the morning as a flavoured shake but my OH has the unflavoured and adds it to his mid morning coffee.

As Shell said though there are plenty of other recommendations.

Maz x

Atkins do a ready made one, and there is another low carb ready made one I've seen in Tesco.

hey hun i got a 90% soya protein powder tday from holland and barrett, vanilla flavour, well my dad got it me i felt ill got a cold so dint go out.

each scoop (20g) contains

energy - 332kj and 78 kcal
carbohydreate - 0.27g
of which are sugar - 0.1g
fat - 0.9g
of which are sats 0.16g
fibre 0.001g
sodium 0.179g

it was only £6.99.

can mix it with milk, fruit or veg juice.

and suitable foir vergetarians xx

Back