• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes?

fatnomoreclo

Just thought As I can't tolerate meat or eggs at the min I would try a protein shake so I get some protein. Any ideas which are the best? Are they high in sugar? As sugar makes me dump bad even natural sugar! Thanks all clo x x

You can buy them in Holland and Barrett. You need a whey protein one. I got an enormous one in Costco for £29.99 which doesn't taste too bad. I believe you can buy sachets in single servings which might be a good idea to find a flavour you can tolerate. I say tolerate cause I've never really tasted a nice one lol. I'm sure there will be loads of people on here who have brought them from other places and can help you out.

Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
You can buy them in Holland and Barrett. You need a whey protein one. I got an enormous one in Costco for £29.99 which doesn't taste too bad. I believe you can buy sachets in single servings which might be a good idea to find a flavour you can tolerate. I say tolerate cause I've never really tasted a nice one lol. I'm sure there will be loads of people on here who have brought them from other places and can help you out.

Kate x

Ohhh thanks Kate will try there x x

Huracaneal said:
i got some samples from the local bodybuilders fitness shop and when i find one i like i will use that one up to now not got one yet they all taste yuk :p

Yea I thought they would will nip down to the body building gym & ask lol x x

Tesco do ready made cans at 1.99, the chocolate one was lush! It has 25g of protein in it if I recall x

I can second that Jo , tastes like a rich chocolate milk shake , the strawberry one on the other hand is rank x

what about fish if its too dry you can get it in parsley sauce. I am fine with meat and eggs but struggle with fish and jacket potatoes. I enjoy dinners mainly what you like with chicken i really enjoy that. My daughter and i often cook mince with mushrooms peppers and onions sometimes we add tomatoes as well gives you all your veg and bit of protein too. Used to enjoy low fat custard and fromagfe frais when i first had my op but don't bother them now sickened my self with custard. I enjoy eggs but omletts sometimes bit dry and stick better off with scrambled or poasched. Its amazing to find how different peoples bodies can be intollerant to somethings isn't it?? Good luck x

Back