• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
however your assuming that those here including myself haven't tried and succeeded with different types of diet in the past, in fact i've spent most of my adult life on one sort of diet or the other

Absolutely not assuming that at all! I know what it's like to try every diet and many times. Neither am I passing judgement on you and that fact that you found your answer in WLS, and not diets.

Just pointing out that the diet does work, if you can do it.

so please dont breach to me about dieting as i've done them all.

I fear you haven't read my message properly. You are assuming that I'm telling you that you can do the diet. I have made it very clear that this is not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that the diet will work if you can do it. It will reduce weight, if you can keep to it. I am not criticizing your choice of weight loss, or telling you that you needed to do CD. I'm well aware of the fact that most people who choose WLS have tried many other diets.

I stand by my point - diets do not work because they are a period of time and not a life long commitment to healthy eating, buying a product to get you from A to B is not healthy eating (even if you do 3 months of healthy eating post diet) ergo self control diets do not work and that must include CD

So are you saying that if a person can stick to the diet, they will not lose weight? It wont work? Are you saying that if a person learns to eat healthily after the diet, when at goal, they will not maintain. Or are you saying that people struggle to stick to the diet, and struggle to maintain because they eat more than they need?

Your message said that the diet didn't work. My argument is that the diet works IF you can do it. I don't think anyone with a history of dieting would dispute the fact that such low calorie can't help but work.

But of course, some people may find doing it impossible and choose WLS....which is fine!

One last point - this thread was about protein supliments for bypass paitents and really nothing to do with the cambridge diet, with only a reference made to CD by someone that felt ill doing it ! i'm of the opinion that it is your intention to sabotage this thread defending your chosen dieting method on the surgical weight loss section, your opinion is of course always welcome, however i cant see anyone on the WLS section being interested in weather CD works or not really.

True, but this is just a small part of a big community. If someone on the Cambridge forum criticized WLS, I would defend WLS too.

I certainly don't want to derail the thread, so I'll keep out. Well, as long as people don't suggest that my choice of diet doesn't work ;)

Peace to all.

Ummm :confused: Wont work? Craving food all the time?

And hey, don't forget there's 5 CD plans that do include 'real food' ;)

Perhaps you mean you struggled to do CD, not that CD 'wont work'. Or you craved food all the time for some reason (which is very unusual BTW)...most people may well have cravings some time during the diet, but not all the time. Feel the generalisation here is a little unfair.

I can understand why some people find CD difficult and choose WLS. But saying it wont work isn't correct.

As Richard has said so eloquently this is a surgical weight loss section and the OP asked for advice regarding protein supplements post operative. Why you feel the need to spam up this section and champion the cause for liquid diets here is a matter for you to consider KD. It has worked so far for you and that is great news. However your success long term is an exception rather than the norm. If it was usual for these liquid diets to work there would be no need for surgical weight loss procedures.

Maybe you have an issue with WLS and those who have failed on previous diet regimes. If you do fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but it is not welcome here.

As for your diet well many Doctors are reluctant to back the Cambridge Diet since it allows for a very small, unrealistic amount of calories per day. Patients typically consume less than 800 calories per day, and most doctors recommend consuming 1200 calories minimum for any diet.

The Cambridge Diet also claims to use the power of ketosis to speed up weight loss. Although ketosis does burn off additional fat, it also burns additional muscle during this process and it is generally considered unhealthy by the medical community.

The Cambridge Diet is one of the most expensive diet programs available, and like most diets especially near starvation liquid replacement diets such as the CD Its caloric intake is lower than the recommended standard — doctors consider this a very dangerous diet that brings users close to starvation.

You must follow a strict diet plan without any substitutions. Which is great for the company not so great for the dieter

This diet is not ideal for those with heart problems or a history of eating disorders, i.e. fat people with a history of over eating for an extended period of time

So well done you KD for your success :flirt2:

Now to get back to the topic on hand, I agree with Richard completely regarding protein supplements. If you eat a balanced diet and ensure you take in protein rich foods, they are superfluous. My surgeon (One of the best in the world) does not recommend them, and my NUT has said I should avoid them.

I’ve never taken a single protein shake and like Richard my loss is in double figures and I have only ever felt crappy if I’ve not made sure my hydration is sufficient.

Gillabean unlike the liquid diets you will be eating meat so should avoid the feelings of weakness. I don’t understand how liquid food previously gave you the shakes, yet now you think they will prevent them.

If you are not getting enough protein from your food you are not eating the right stuff. Or not eating enough of the right stuff. I prefer protein I can chew not drink.

Simples

As Richard has said so eloquently this is a surgical weight loss section and the OP asked for advice regarding protein supplements post operative. Why you feel the need to spam up this section and champion the cause for liquid diets here is a matter for you to consider KD. It has worked so far for you and that is great news. However your success long term is an exception rather than the norm. If it was usual for these liquid diets to work there would be no need for surgical weight loss procedures.

Maybe you have an issue with WLS and those who have failed on previous diet regimes. If you do fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but it is not welcome here.

Attention:

KD is a very well respected Super Mod here on MiniMins as well on other major forums and she comes with years of experience on forums as well as being extensively knowledgeable on all diets.

She is a fully qualified Cambridge Diet Counsellor as well as qualified Diet Coach who is highly respected here on MiniMins and is well placed to be in a position to correct misinformation where she sees fit as a Super Mod on MiniMins.

While you may not agree yourselves with what she had to say, nevertheless she had the right to say it.

You however have not the right to disrespect MiniMins Moderation by accusing KD of spamming.

Karlos, while I accept your right to challenge and to put your point across, you could of done so in a way that did not come across as intimidating overly aggressive and downright rude!

MiniMins support all diets and one of the reason we set up this site was to show that no one way suits all and to provide a forum where all felt safe and welcomed!

Everyone on their weight loss journey will eventually find the solution to their weight problem whether it is using a certain diet, surgery or by working through their head stuff or a combination of all of the above.

Please keep in mind when posting that the Ethos of MiniMins is one of support and friendship and when exchanging views and ideas that common courtesy and a basic standard of good manners goes a long way...

Thank You!

Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back