• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein

teresa/steve

:wave_cry:Hi All, does any one take the protein powder shakes that you buy from health stores ? If so which are ok , just trying to help hubby with getting more protein as still feeling pretty weak??:wave_cry:

Ive never taken the protein shakes, Chris the dietician says we shouldnt need them! I try to get as much protein as I can but its not easy and I was eating too much at one stage. He needs between 60-70g per day. I usually have babybell lights as often as I can they are 6g each. Meat is the best thing I find, most meats are ok for me as long as I take my time and chew them well....I dont thing the protein drinks will do any harm as lots of people have them, its personnal choice really. Is he taking his Iron? Had his B12 injection? I know these can both make you tired and weak.....hope hes ok hun :D XX

Teresa... I am having protein with 2 out of 3 meals and managing to eat lean thin tender chicken and beef, plus fish.

I've bought the protein powder from ASDA and have a few of these drinks in between made with semi skimmed milk... not every day... since I have babybell lights as a snack.

I'm also having an Actimel daily too.

I'm still feeling tired too... be sure that Steve is getting all of his vitamins... and eventually blood tests for the B12 injection.

Love and hugs xxx

:)Thank you ladies , l keep telling him its early days yet and it takes time again and again lol, but l will ring Chris in morning l think to put his mind at rest, not heard anything about B12 injection yet, but he is having all his vits etc so l will see what the dietitian says xx:)

I tried the protein shakes and Nectar - and because of the duodenal switch need 100gm a day - and I found they all make me feel sick.

I do have the very occassional Atkins bar - but most are chocolate and thats not my favourite and Atkins ready to drink shakes - which are 15gm per carton.

I also have milky coffee and add milk powder if I've been a bit low on protein - M&S do some yoghurts with 8 gm protein in.

xxx

If you go to holland and Barratts look for whey protein with atleast 20g protein and no more than 2g carbs per serving. Or have a look at myprotein.com as they do sample sachets to see what flavours you like etc.

I'm a big believer in protein shakes, I found it almost impossible to get enough protein (for me I needed just under 80g per day, as I'm tall, it depends on your weight and goal weight). I had one per day as a snack normally in the evenings they keep you full for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back