• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins

fatnomoreclo

Just wondered post bypass I used to take agnus castus natural health supplement to help my pcos just wondered is it still safe to take these? Also my hair is majorly falling out I know I'm really struggling with protein & my tesco doesn't have any protein shakes/powder etc but can I take holland & Barrett hair, skin & nail supplement? Clo x x

I dont at the moment (10 weeks post op) but have seen others say they take it, hopefully someone will be able to advise very soon x

Zinc & selenium supplements help with the hair loss. Although its more shedding as we ladies do post baby so it will grow back once your sorted diet & supplement wise. Whether the hair, nail etc tablets you can get work I don't know I use zinc supplements as well as what's in the multi-vitamins & my hair loss has slowed. Hope that helps.

penelope1008 said:
Zinc & selenium supplements help with the hair loss. Although its more shedding as we ladies do post baby so it will grow back once your sorted diet & supplement wise. Whether the hair, nail etc tablets you can get work I don't know I use zinc supplements as well as what's in the multi-vitamins & my hair loss has slowed. Hope that helps.

Yea I take zinc too, maybe I'll leave the hair and nail ones plus forceful I don't wanna end up taking to many vitamins! Thank you xx

Sometimes it's hard to work out what todo for the best isn't it? Could end up going into holland and Barrett and buying one of everything!

Lool I looked round holland & Barrett yesterday & was totally lost had 8 bottles in my basket & left the shop with none way to confusing asked the pharmacist in my chemist & she didn't have a clue neither my did my GP this gives me much confidence lol x x

I too have experience some hair loss. I think for starters is to ensure your are getting enough protien and iron. Be careful with the zinc. My dietitian says you should only take the suppliment if your are lacking it.

Hopefully you would have had some blood test since your op, which would indicate where you might be lacking any vitamins/iron etc.

gdlondon said:
I too have experience some hair loss. I think for starters is to ensure your are getting enough protien and iron. Be careful with the zinc. My dietitian says you should only take the suppliment if your are lacking it.

Hopefully you would have had some blood test since your op, which would indicate where you might be lacking any vitamins/iron etc.

Oh really I was told by my surgeon zinc for life! Iron is fine, I know its probably protein as I can't tolerate meat :( thank you x

Back