• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yes another post on Protein shakes :) info needed pls

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all i was just wondering if any of u experienced peeps can help me with a query with my protein shakes.
I was just wondering if i made up a shake and kept in the fridge during the day will i lose the protein count.
I know once its made up u can lose vital minerals and vitamins ( we were always told that when i was on Lighterlife and CD ) but can u lose the protein as well.
Tbh the only reason i use them is of course for the protein especially the past 2 weeks as am struggling with food as am being sick and feeling sick continually.

I rang the company, myprotein.co.uk and the guy had no idea he then asked another guy who said u will lose the protein count if not drunk in a few mins, but tbh i think he does not know either and just poss mixing it up with thr minerals and vitamins.

I would of thought it would not affect the protein as it does not change the carb or fat per grms once in the fridge for as few hrs so why should it change the protein.

What are ur views on this, i depend on my shakes each day and i have one poss 1.5 per day depending if i am able to eat any other food that day so it is very important to me that i am not losing any of the protein count.

Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

Hiya Roch

I read on internet that they start losing protien str8 away once mixed.........am not sure if this is correct just thought I would post wot I read.. HTH

All the best - MeJulie x x

Logically i don't see why it would make that much difference if it's only a few hours... The ready made stuff seems to be ok?

On the other hand i've read somewhere that the protein starts to break down after 20 mins but i'm not sure how much and how it would effect us lol

Not much help there i'm afraid :rolleyes:

Roch they sell some that are available as ready mixed in tetras so they can't lose the protein. I think Holland and Barrett stock them.

HTH

M

Back