• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Proteiny lunch ideas?

Daisyhappy!

Hi my lovelys.
Im looking for ideas for ideas for lunch for work that will give me enough protein etc.
My lunches so far have consisted mainly of tuna, tuna salads, tuna bean salads, tuna pasta etc.
I love tuna and Im not allowed eat meat yet.
What else could i have to give me my necessary protein? Im really stuck for ideas.
Id like riveta and low fat philly but that couldn't be enough protein?
Now that i can eat significantly less i want to make sure Im giving my body what it needs.
All ideas very welcome :)

Low fat cheese, low fat pate, peanut butter, eggs ???um any help ???

Hi what about hummus and salad or i just love haloumi cheese, slice it and dry fry it and have it in salad with tesco light choice balsalmic vinegar, well lush. Hx

I made a Bulgar wheat salad, which is pretty much no cook, you could add all kinds of ingredients to it including red onion, grated garlic, chopped mint/basil, lemon, pancetta, leaner meats, mixed beans, olives, sundries toms, chopped toms
I served with a dollop of 0% Greek (fage) yoghurt on top.
Up to you a little goes a long way and its very fresh and tasty :)

How long out are you. If you're eating tuna I see no reason why you can't eat chicken. I get pre-cooked chicken drumsticks or thighs, remove the skin and eat with a dollop of pickle and some salad leaves. Or if you have a microwave at work that you can use how about a portion of chicken casserole or homemade lentil soup etc. baked beans with grated cheese are lovely if you like beans. Or just peanut butter on melba toast. If you like to cook and can tolerate eggs, how about homemade baked scotch eggs using WW or low fat sausages.

Kate x

Mayamoo that sounds amazing! I've really grown to adore salad it's amazing and so much cheaper and more convenient that my pre band days diet!

Mrs Q thanks for all the great ideas, i really must get my hands on some melba toast! Im six weeks out, my information says not to eat chicken or red meat for three months. I find tuna ok tho but want to stick to the rules just incase.

How about yogurts for lunch? Would a yogurt with some sliced banana be ok or not enough protein?

Yep banders are usually advised no meat for 3 months, even then some struggle with it! If you have been advised not to have it I really would advise against you trying chicken - sorry Mrs Quiggle!

I would say go with the ryvita or melba toast and philli, bit of cucumber and cherry toms with it too would be nice.

Or you could have 1 or 2 eggs boiled, scrambled, poached or an omelette with low fat cheese and salad.

Have some prawns or salmon instead of tuna.

A bag of bulgar wheat is less than a pound from morrisons and will last an age ...you could make a nice frittata for work too - yummy hot or cold :)

Your salad sounds lovely Mayamoo, how much bulgur wheat do you put in it out of interest?

Have you tried quinoa as a carb alternative as thats supposed to have a bit more protein, never tried it myself though! x

Sorry for the hijack Daisyhappy! x

Sorry hadn't noticed I'd wandered into the banders bit. lol. Good luck with it. I'm sure yogurts would be perfect. There's loads of protein in Fage 0% greek yogurt and it's very yummy, add a little splenda or canderel if you prefer it a bit sweeter and and its lush mixed with fresh fruit or on a jacket potato.

Kate x

Sorry hadn't noticed I'd wandered into the banders bit. lol. Good luck with it. I'm sure yogurts would be perfect. There's loads of protein in Fage 0% greek yogurt and it's very yummy, add a little splenda or canderel if you prefer it a bit sweeter and and its lush mixed with fresh fruit or on a jacket potato.

Kate x

Greek yoghurt is yummy, sweet or savoury - damn I feel hungry now :eek: x

I just go by eye really a couple of tablespoons would give leftovers when I like to add bits and bobs into it - I have tried and do like quinoa but havent compared the protein in both, the Bulgar wheat packet says its a good source of protein but will def have a look and compare when next in the supermarket :) x

I loveeee Hummus. Try it with iceberg lettuce. Yummy. Try the Moroccan one and the red pepper one from sainsbury's. Very nice. They were on offer too.

Back