• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Proteiny lunch ideas?

Merchant Gourmet do some beautiful pouches of lentils and grains that you can eat hot or cold.

My fav is the Mixed Grains - which is bulgur wheat, Quinoa, Lentils and Soya flakes - So quick and easy to use, simply open the pouch, eat from the pouch or heat up in microwave for 2 mins.

They are all between 150 and 200 cals per 100g and the protein between 9 and 11 per 100g. Great mixed with any fish/meat or roast veg.

Ohhhh I can't wait to be back on solids...making myself dribble here!
x

Can you eat prawns hun? Maybe a prawn cocktail? :) x

Wonderful ideas everyone thanks so much :) :) yeah i actually have some prawns in the freezer so must rummage them out.
Just had my din, absolute Yum and feel so satisfied. Love my band now!

Aaand i have lost 3lbs since Friday :)

woo hoo Daisy...well done x

Not sure which provider you are with Daisy - but some say that you can eat lean meat if it is minced, in shepherds pie etc. I did eat meat/poultry so long as it was minced during my first three months without any problems. In fact I still do find it easier than eating tuna.

Weightwatchers has thai meatballs menu - gorgeous - I make a big batch and freeze them and have maybe just 3-4 at a time. Minced turkey or minced pork, spring onions, fresh ginger, lemon grass, garlic, chilli - really low fat and nutritious - and definitely hits the spot when you fancy a change/spicing things up. Even if you wait till the end of your first 3 months to try them x

Flutterby they sound gorgeous! I love spicy food!
To be honest though I've really gotten a turn off meat, i wasn't the biggest meat eater but for some reason i just can't imagining myself ever eating it again. I love fish though so Im not sure.
Maybe I'll feel differently in a couple of weeks :)

Did anyone else find they went off anything after op? I haven't even had it, just the idea of it. I dunno!

Yes, ive gone off coffee but it's not a bad thing as i used to put three and a quarter tsps in a mug of coffee. now i have tea made with 2 dunks of the tea-bag, weird or what (me!!???) Oh i think so.

Back