• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protien? spirulina

eggbat

Six Month Post Op
hi everyone i am after a little bit of advice and helpi had my bypass in jan09 and am doing ok the weight is comeing off quite well and i shoud be on top of the world but the truth is that i am constantly tired and fatigued i have brought this subject up before and had some good advice about protien etc. this is the question i want to know about has anyone heard of or can give me any advice about spirulina the woman in the health food shop said to me that it is quite revolting but it is 100% natural and a very high source of protien any help or ideas

HELLO THERE

I FOUND THIS WEBSITE , HAVE A LOOK , MAKES INTERESTING READING .

Spirulina - what it is and why it's good for you health

ALL THE BEST - ME JULIE XX

hi i have had two blood tests now for b12 diffeciency but thay have come back fine .apparently spirulina is a dryed algae and is a very rich natural scource of protien i was hopeing that someone would have tryed it or knew a bit more about it

Not heard of it before sorry egg :(

Hi Egg, I have heard of it and tasted it unfortunately. I lived in the San Francisco area for a bit and they are health food nuts there (where hippies originally came from, lol). Lots of juice bars/smoothie shops in America serve drinks with spirulina added for protein. It is vile tasting but it is supposed to be great for you, sort like wheat grass but I am not a cow or a fish so am not really interested in gross green stuff! It has been used for years in organic products and supplements in America so I know it is safe and does have health benefits if you can get past the smell (phew!!) and the foul taste.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Nic:p

Back