• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Psychological assessment

barbiegal5

Hi all, very new to this site so sorry if I have put this in the wrong section. I JUST HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!??!!! My GP is sending off my tier 3 "the weigh ahead" programme referral in the next week or so, and one of the things I was a bit unsure about was what the psychological assessments actually involve?!?!
Thanks in advance x

I was a private patient but I think these assessments are pretty standard. I got myself so very worked up about it but it was just an informal chat to ensure that you were mentally prepared, had support at home, thoughts and feelings etc. It was really nothing to worry about. I was told the session could last a couple of hours but I was done in 40 mins. X

I was a private patient but I think these assessments are pretty standard. I got myself so very worked up about it but it was just an informal chat to ensure that you were mentally prepared, had support at home, thoughts and feelings etc. It was really nothing to worry about. I was told the session could last a couple of hours but I was done in 40 mins. X

Thank you! One less thing to worry about!

Hi all, very new to this site so sorry if I have put this in the wrong section. I JUST HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!??!!! My GP is sending off my tier 3 "the weigh ahead" programme referral in the next week or so, and one of the things I was a bit unsure about was what the psychological assessments actually involve?!?!
Thanks in advance x

It is nothing much to worry about. It is basically to check if you understand what you are getting yourself into ( having surgery) also to see if you have any psychological problems that needs sorting before you have your surgery done....If they find that an individual has any probs so to speak for example depression, eating disorders ect..... they may suggest counselling or something of that sort before you can have weight Loss surgery.... But as I say.....nothing much to worry about...x

It is nothing much to worry about. It is basically to check if you understand what you are getting yourself into ( having surgery) also to see if you have any psychological problems that needs sorting before you have your surgery done....If they find that an individual has any probs so to speak for example depression, eating disorders ect..... they may suggest counselling or something of that sort before you can have weight Loss surgery.... But as I say.....nothing much to worry about...x

Thanks Jaywill! :)

Same here they asked about my background family history and what reason lead you to WLS I had about 5 /6 sessions at the same time I would get weighted as well

Back