• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Psychological block about eggs!

Twiggie

I swear having read about the problems some of you are having/have had with eggs that I've developed a psychological block about them! :8855:

I had scrambled egg this morning and even before I ate them I suddenly started feeling nauseous. I still feel sick now! This happened the other day too. I fancied some egg mayonnaise but suddenly felt sick at the thought of eating it :rolleyes:

Anyone else had this experience?

I never heard of the problems with eggs or chicken pre-op and neither have been a problem for me... xx

I'm pre-op & already I'm wondering if to try eggs or not. :confused:

I've had no problem with scrambled egg so far....

Weird how your mind can play these tricks on you ! I once picked up a sickness bug and the last thing i ate before it kicked in was corn on the cob - if i see even a picture of the stuff now it starts me retching. I'm not sure i'll ever be able to eat it again !!
With regards to eggs, i know that some people have struggled with them but i've never had a problem and i eat lots of them for the protein content (my neighbour sells me them from his allotment so they're free range and cheap too !)
Immediately post op when i was nervous i played it safe by making my scrambled eggs quite milky and soft so they slid down better but now i just make them normally.

I wonder if it's because I've always had a bit of a thing about eggs anyway. I do like them but I have to have the yolks cooked solid whether that be fried, boiled or poached. Fried eggs have to be flipped over too. If I have scrambled or omelettes I can't have any soft bits, it has to be properly cooked through lol

I guess I'm just weird :D

I wonder if it's because I've always had a bit of a thing about eggs anyway. I do like them but I have to have the yolks cooked solid whether that be fried, boiled or poached. Fried eggs have to be flipped over too. If I have scrambled or omelettes I can't have any soft bits, it has to be properly cooked through lol

I guess I'm just weird :D

You are not alone - I have to have them exactly that way too.

tranquil

I love eggs but they don't seem to love me anymore!
Had one yesterday and for the first time it didn't make me sick but couldn't eat anything else for hours!! x

Twiggie you are not weird, i too insist on my eggs being cooked properly, i have to look at them before i can eat them and i dont want anything looking wishy washy or uncooked (i'm being polite don't want to say what uncooked eggs look like)...

I have tried a few things and eggs were the last ones for me to try as i too was worried after the stories. Two days ago i had 2 eggs scrambled (properly lol) for my breakfast and chewed them and they went down a treat! An hour and a half later the pain in my chest was there as if i'd had a king prawn (these give me chest pain where they are obviously struggling to get through) and i went a bit warm and thought i was going to be sick! I got as far as bending over the loo but nothing happened, i got a drink of milk and helped wash them down. It was well past the waiting time and i figured it was okay....

Was talking to Lisa (wannabeslimagain) and she recommended poached eggs go down better so i'm gonna try them next as i want the protein from the eggs...

I am glad to read some people are ok with eggs because I too was starting to wonder. I do enjoy poached eggs although don't have them very often but would be a good thing to have post op.

Since having my surgery, Eggs have become a valuable and main part of my diet. I have them Scrambled/Poached or Boiled. I love them, and they are a very high source of protein, and my Pouch likes them. :)

I think that its true that you can struggle with anythingor develop an aversion to it even when its been your fave thing previously. Different people have posted that they struggle with various things and eggs are there. I couldn't face anything I had got ready in advance at all soup, puree, etc etc. Then chicken was difficult, then eggs but gradually if you try a few times at some stage you might get it back in your menus. I think most long termers seem to be able to do that although some still have odds and ends they can't tolerate.

Keep giving it a go from time to time Twiggie you never know when they will get back on your menu

M

I think I'll give the eggs a miss for a while and come back to them a bit further down the line. I feel slightly nauseous even talking about them, crazy isn't it lol :8855:

Back