• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Psychological evaluation

valentine

I all I have an appointment with the units psychiatrist on Monday to talk about my op...

Well at least that's what I think it's about..

I have no idea what to expect and now I'm stressing about it.

Can someone please explain to me what to expect and what sort of things they want to know please.

Many thanks in advance xxxxxxxxxx

when i had mine in January (i live in Cornwall) there was a load of forms (multiple choice to fill in first) which took a good 20 minutes. sort of things like "think of a difficult situation you have encountered recently" and what you did to over come it, stuff like that and how you see things "glass half full/empty kind of stuff. then a one to one with the psychologist asking stuff like "how long struggled with your weight kind of questions and why am i ready for this type of intervention and why now. Family background and history and who you have for support and things. I was just honest and tried to be as relaxed as i could and i think the whole thing took about an hour or so. it was fine, really. Dont know if all the psychologists appointments are like this but just letting you know my experience. Good luck, you'll be great. :D

I have mine on 26th, I wouldn't worry I think everyone has them, my mum had one who also had surgery.

Matra a user from here posted this on my diary thread.

"Don't worry about the psychologist appointment. I got my letter thru and it said to allow for up to 2 hours for the visit. I got myself so very worked up about what they would asked, say, etc but it was just an informal chat basically to see if I was mentally prepared. I was done & dusted in 45mins and sat in the car afterwords wondering just how I had managed to get so stressed about it. I think the appointment is pretty standard for all weight loss surgery."

Thank you so much for taking the time to put my mind at rest....

I've already had one lot of WLS in my band which I had done private so after 10 years of having it I think I'm very prepared for more surgery...

Thank you again x x x

Back