• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree/soft foods stage - how much did you eat?

Montana

I've started the puree/soft foods stage today and I'm struggling to get the calories in!

Today I've had:

Breakfast

• 1 glass of orange juice
  • 1 weetabix with 200ml skimmed milk
Lunch

• 1 aunt bessies mash portion with 30g low fat cheddar
Dinner

• 2 aunt bessies mash portions with cod steak in parsley sauce (i split this into two portions which i ate an hour apart as it was too much in one go!)
Drinks

• 2 pints of nas orange squash
But when I count up all the calories I've only had 526 in total and it's now 8:30pm! How do you get the right amount of calories in when you're on this stage without stuffing yourself silly?

H xx

Hun its not the calories you need to be worrying about... at this stage you should be concentrating on protein xxx

500 is what I was told to aim for. Sadly I was only getting 150 max for first couple of weeks. I still don't make 500 a day but it's better than what I was getting in. Good luck x

According to myfitness I'm averaging about 70g of protein a day. Is this about right?

H xx

According to myfitness I'm averaging about 70g of protein a day. Is this about right?

H xx

well i have just asked that same question on another thread because mine by the end of today comes to 64... and i was told try aim for 80 but anything over 60 is good x

I'd say getting in 500 at your stage is fab, stop worrying. If you over eat at this stage you will stretch your pouch. I still couldn't eat a whole sachet of fish in sauce and mash. I am 7 weeks out. Mind you, I still can't manage a whole weetabix. You should take 20-30 mins to eat a meal then stop. Even if you haven't finished. You could add some pureed canned fruit at this stage too. You are doing well to get 60g protein in this early too. You're doing great xx

wow i think i have approx 400 a day but don't actually look at them beause i'm too busy trying to get protein in , there is no way i could eat in a day what you are on but well done getting it in don't forget to drink as well in between :)

I am currently at 8 weeks post op and until now the only thing i have been looking at is my protein. i wanted to heal everything and make sure i was getting fluids before i start counting calories and other things. Now i have had my first hospital check up and told im doing great i will start concerntrating on other things. Good luck not that you need it by the sounds of it your doing FAB!!!!

Omg now I'm worrying that I'm eating too much!!! Or that the surgeon has given me a massive pouch compared to the rest of you!!! I've eaten an egg scrambled with 30g of baked beans this morning, took me about 20 mins to eat it and I knew I'd had it in that it was the first time I'd actually felt like I'd eaten something :(

Nothing is ever simple is it!!

H xx

Back