• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree stage - Bypass

kezza84

Evening all,

Hope everyone is well!

Im just under 3 weeks after bypass and had my surgeon follow up today, All going well apart from he has told me i need to knock the carbs on the head for the next 3 weeks.

My question is what sort of foods have you all been blending up as im am finding it all very plain.

Also theres only so much blended carrots one can stomach!

Many thanks in advance

Kez xx

Evening all, Hope everyone is well! Im just under 3 weeks after bypass and had my surgeon follow up today, All going well apart from he has told me i need to knock the carbs on the head for the next 3 weeks. My question is what sort of foods have you all been blending up as im am finding it all very plain. Also theres only so much blended carrots one can stomach! Many thanks in advance Kez xx

Do you not have 4 weeks spent on each stage?
As I would have thought you'd still be on the liquid stage.
I think it's better to take each one slowly as it gives your insides chance to heal properly?
On saying that I know each hospital has different views.
I was still on clear soups,jelly and yogurt 3 weeks after my bypass.

Do you not have 4 weeks spent on each stage?
As I would have thought you'd still be on the liquid stage.
I think it's better to take each one slowly as it gives your insides chance to heal properly?
On saying that I know each hospital has different views.
I was still on clear soups,jelly and yogurt 3 weeks after my bypass.

Morning, I was free fluids for 2 weeks and now puree for 4 weeks. My post op diet states carbs, but surgeon now saying no carbs. Just a little stuck that's all.

Try pureeing some fresh fruit with some Fage Total Greek yogurt. It's lovely. Or you could try making some fruit smoothies with soya pouring yogurt. Another way of getting some protein in :)

Try pureeing some fresh fruit with some Fage Total Greek yogurt. It's lovely. Or you could try making some fruit smoothies with soya pouring yogurt. Another way of getting some protein in :)

Thanks Pauline, I've made some fruit puree lollies with skimmed milk and a scoop of protein powder with is delish. But will try fruit with Greek yogurt X

I puréed whatever hubby was eating - chicken curry, bolognese, chilli etc but without any rice, pasta or potatoes. I even puréed quorn sausages and beans, that was yum :)

I puréed whatever hubby was eating - chicken curry, bolognese, chilli etc but without any rice, pasta or potatoes. I even puréed quorn sausages and beans, that was yum :)

Thank you, all sounds delish... giving oh and kids curry tonight so will try some of that X

Back