• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

put back again

katstofat

:cry:i hoped to be having my bypass in april but just been told that it will probably be middel of may now. i know its only a month away but every day is starting to feel like a year and they keep saying thers a que yet for the phsyco ,.sorry to go on but had to get it of my chest before i scream the place down :wave_cry:

oh darling i know how fustrating it is!!!! you need to scream and get the fustration out it will help then you will be able to see four weeks isnt too bad it will fly by. but it is such a rolacoaster ride this wls isn't it. i wish you all the best for may.
love kate xxx

Sorry to hear your news, I agree each week seems to take forever but you will get there and the wait will be so worth it chick...hang on in there.....xx

Mine was meant to be April and it's now June, so you're doing better than me:Dwhat hosp are you going to?:confused:

Sorry to hear this, imagine how I felt last year when my own bariatric team told me in August that I would have it done by October and when I got to the hospital I have just had mine on the 5th April so I know how you feel. BUT chin up, a couple of weeks will fly by for you but I DO know where your coming from........xx

i know its annoying and i know how everyday feels like a year lol i have 6 weeks left of my wait before my op day .. and feels like for ever i keep calling to check if anyone has dropped out.

but i just want to get on with my new life and start to lose and feel good about my self again.

but it will happen hun .. have they given you a date ?? have you had all your tests and do you have your funding ?? the mental health appointments at my hospital was dealing with 5 trusts and was taking 7 months for appointments.. thankfully i never had to have one ..

but i had to get all my tests out of the way and results back to doctor before i was even put on the waiting list.

and then the list was 2 months when my results where back and i had seen the surgeon.

so you need to check how your hospital works when u have had the tests required do you have to go back and see surgeon again for a date ? and does he have a waiting list to see him cause mine was up to 3 month wait just to get an appointment with him.

im only saying this cause i called and called everyday to get in to my tests on canclation cause there was a long wait other wise .. it helped me to annoy them all the time might do you the same good luck x

Hi Kat, so sorry to hear this. Mine was only put back 11 days and I was devastated so I feel for you. The time will come round quicker than you can imagine though so use this time to prepare yourself for after the op. Bst wishes to you xx Gaynor xx

thanks for all your kind suport you feel its just you who this happens to dont you. candy im going in salford royal. bret ive just got to see the phsycolagist ive seen the surgon and anestativ ive had all my pre-op test ingluding the mrsa ive got sleep apnia but theyve given me the ok i dont have to see them now for 12 months mr ammories secratery (my surgon)says after ive seen the phsyco she will ring me with nmy date.

Hi
I will be going to salford royal too, I had to attend 6 months weight management in walkden first and have my last meeting in 3 weeks it cant come soon enough.
I am about as patient as, well i dont know but I have none, I want it and i want it now haha, I never grew out of teenage tantrums]hope it happens soon for you x

did they give you cpap ??? i had to go on cpap at least 4 weeks prior to my op .. its the machine they give you to help with the sleep ap .. a nose or face mask that u put on in the night with air pumping in ?

and i never knew once you have been diagnosed with sleep ap your banned from driving. till you seek help and there is a change in your blood oxygen.

i feel so much better since having it i find i sleep right through the night i was waking 37-50 times an hr with out knowing .... scary stuff lol ..

ah well at least you have had everything done then. however i would keep on at them for a date
cause a physc test isn't going to put a medical stop on surgery!!

i would tell them you need the date for personal reasons. cause if you get your date now u have something to work towards instead of waiting another 4 weeks and then getting another date for 4 weeks or more for surgery.

and call the phsyc and push for an appointment tell them u will take any drop out appointments and just try and explain this is the last appointment in the way of you life changing operation.

i did and jumped list 13 weeks with some appointments xx

thanks for all your kind suport you feel its just you who this happens to dont you. candy im going in salford royal. bret ive just got to see the phsycolagist ive seen the surgon and anestativ ive had all my pre-op test ingluding the mrsa ive got sleep apnia but theyve given me the ok i dont have to see them now for 12 months mr ammories secratery (my surgon)says after ive seen the phsyco she will ring me with nmy date.
We are in the same boat hun, the exact same one. I'm waiting on the SRH psychologist too. Oh the days are so long but the time will come.

so sorry to hear you are having this wait, im sure most of us can sympathise with you, especially those like me who are nhs funded. i will say though i was told that my op was at least 6 weeks away and then 2 weeks later i got 'the' phone call. it will be here soon and well worth the wait im sure xx

Back