• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loo issues

salski

Hi all - sorry to post another thread about this, but Im still pretty worried....I am 3 weeks today post-bypass and I still have crippling constipation.

The hospital have told me to use glycerine suppositories that have worked so far, but the past 2 days it hasnt worked and Ive been drinking lots of water (approx 1 litre a day) I also drink orange juice and am eating pureed baby type food.

I wonder if this may be another reason as to why Im not loosing weight yet....either way...can anyone give me any advice with regards to what I might take/of if they had similar problems?!

Many thanks :wave_cry:

Sally xx

Movicol and Benefiber are ok post-bypass. Benefiber helps regulate you.

Red and sparky are right. Lactulose is full of sugar, and also it works by oiling the bowel wall to help pass the motion easier, but if you are really constipated it will not break down the motion, so movicol is a much better option. Jay xx

My doctor gave me movicol 3/4 times a day then once that had worked I started on the benifibre 3 for 2 in boots at the mo and I take 2 spoons twice a day. I was constipated for weeks and weeks to the point it gave me back ache and pains in my shoulders and stabbing pains. I also find when Im on the loo if I rock to and froy slowly that helps me

I agree with the ladies, benefiber is what I use. Also hun, 1 litre of water is not enough, you should drink 2L of water + your food. Try that as it might help you get the 'mail' moving as Red always says!

Nic;)

Aww thank you for all your responses. I thought I was drinking too much water as I dont want to stretch my pouch...I have read the pouch rules you posted PG and didnt want to overdo the water until Im on solids.
Seems that movicol for now followed by benefibre!

Thank you - yet again!!! :D

You can get enemas on prescription too that will help if the glycerine isn't working any more. They will most definately clear you out.

Oooh really? Im at the docs tomorrow morn so I might ask for more info on that!

Thanks Everyone, and thanks Shell xx

Back