• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Q. Moving PCTs

slimmerkay

Hi chaps

Hoping someone can answer this. I've applied for PCT funding but heard nothing as yet.

My question is if I get the funding and then move to a different PCT do I have to apply all over again?

And if I moved before I got funding approved could I leave that application standing or will I have to re-apply with the new PCT?

I want to move home to Preston but if it would put my application in jeapordy I'd rather not.

Ohh....thats a new one on me. Im not sure what would happen, Im sure someone will know though, good luck with the funding :D x

I'd like to know the answer to this aswell, as I may be moving out of my PCT too.

I wonder if PALS would know the answer? Or be able to point you in the direction of someone who does know

I think the first people to ask would be the new PCT, to see if they would accept your journey so far when considering funding you. Also to check criteria and hoops such as weight management classes you need to meet.

I would assume that the responsibility for funding would transfer to the new PCT.

I'm with Shelbel, i honestly think they wouldn't pay for surgery for a patient that isn't in their pct!

If you get funding i'd think twice about moving before surgery xx

I agree with Shel and Phatmomma,

If this may blow your chance for wls isnt there a friend or family member that still lives in the area you are chosing to move from? Just thinking if you could have your mail delivered there from the hospital and still be seen under the same PCT your at now. not sure if this is allowed , just thinking out loud here. All the best in what ever you decide.

MeJulie xx

Back