• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question about hernia

bubbaloo82

Hi

Just wonderin if anyone could help me... im slightly worried! I have a hernia an due 2 have a bypass... nothin has been mentioned about it an im concerned that when they go 2 do the procedure it will cause problems. At the moment i keep it under wraps by not allowin it 2 pop out (always pushin it back in) as its very painful when out! HELP i need 2 stop worryin its bad enough waitin lol x jo x

They may repair the hernia when they do your bypass. There's a few people on here who've had the same thing. I'm sure they can help you more than I can. Good luck with your op and I hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Hi

Just wonderin if anyone could help me... im slightly worried! I have a hernia an due 2 have a bypass... nothin has been mentioned about it an im concerned that when they go 2 do the procedure it will cause problems. At the moment i keep it under wraps by not allowin it 2 pop out (always pushin it back in) as its very painful when out! HELP i need 2 stop worryin its bad enough waitin lol x jo x

Tell them about it , I was at Sunderland hospital last week seeing mr small and he said coz of my hernia a bypass would b best , but they need 2 know . Good luck x soos x

Thank u susan1962... i shall have 2 tell them then...good 2 know it wont stop the op from goin ahead....another thing i was worried about. good luck 2 u 2 :) x jo x

I am in the same position - waiting for bypass and have a big hernia. I was at hospital appt today and mentioned it again so I presume they don't think it's a problem.

I had an emergency umbilical hernia repair 2.5 weeks ago. My surgeon wouldn't do a hernia repair. Though the incision they done was on my hernia site and ended up in X-ray as it made it protrude after my op.

They said if my bowels were tangled, they may need to perform a sleeve, as it can be hard to pull the intestines far enough up for a bypass. Luckily it wasn't the case.

I wanted the surgeon to remove my gallbladder and do a hernia repair. Because he didn't want to, it now has to be 3 separate ops. Great! 2 down, 1 to go :) x

Hi fuffs,

Im sorry 2 hear your havin 2 have 3 ops :( wishin u well an all done an dusted soon :)

I'm just worried as nothin has been said... i didnt have the hernia when i started the journey for surgery.. until i had my third child last year (weighin in at 10lb6.5 :/ ) no one knew what it was til i had a scan after his birth.. a letter came back as small hernia...small...I have never felt pain like it :( i was told by doctor that it would b sorted together... just dont want anything gettin in the way of my bypass surgery!

Thank u 4 sharin your journey with me much appreciated :)

x jo x

Back