• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for Banders!

KellyMc

Hello all! Hope you are all well!

Just a quick question about medication. I know I've been told that after my surgery I need to take liquid or chewable medications. Does that ever change? Like in 6 months or a year will I be able to swallow a pill and keep it down without getting stuck? Just wondering what your experiences have been. I often get migraines and take some strong asprin/caffeine pills to kill it - never again?? Thanks all in advance!:D

Hello all! Hope you are all well!

Just a quick question about medication. I know I've been told that after my surgery I need to take liquid or chewable medications. Does that ever change? Like in 6 months or a year will I be able to swallow a pill and keep it down without getting stuck? Just wondering what your experiences have been. I often get migraines and take some strong asprin/caffeine pills to kill it - never again?? Thanks all in advance!:D

hi kelly i was ok straight away to take my medication as is dissolves in the pouch anyway, but do as your surgeon advises, if he wants you on liquid meds then it wont be long term and talking medication after banding is fine, i take all my daily medication first thing on a morning which ensures they have a clear pathway to go through.

liz x

The only thing I have been told is that I wont be able to have anti inflammatory meds or aspirins as they can irritate the stomach.

not long now kelly x

Back