• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question for barriatric sleeve

Singlemum

I have my consultant appointment this week, my question is... why did you pick sleeve & did you're consultant agree with you're choice?

I had the option of both the sleeve and the bypass but picked the bypass as the resluts are better and suit me better when I think of how I eat ( im pre WLS ) and when I got back to my team they agreed with me
good luck to you

I chose the sleeve because I felt a bypass was too extreme for the amount of weight I wanted to lose.I was 18.5 stone. My surgeon agreed. That being said due to various complications I am having a bypass now anyway!Ha!

All the best with what ever you decide. Listen to you team my love. Xx

I wanted the sleeve due to it being permanent and from the success others reported. The bypass seemed a much more complex surgery with more possible issues with nutrient deficiency in the future. When i went to see the consultant he agreed sleeve but did also mention the bypass which we briefly discussed.

I actually went to my appointment with the intention of a band (which I discovered the UCLH dont do anymore) I had very little knowledge of a sleeve before meeting the consultant but I felt a bypass was too drastic, saying that it was suggested I have a sleeve (realistically more drastic than a bypass as its forever totally) but I love it so far :)

I picked a sleeve because I wanted my stomach gone forever not lurking around inside me disconnected! The sleeve also seemed less invasive as there's less connections etc. I am 31 and haven't started a family yet and the benefit of the sleeve for me is no issues of malabsorption when I get to pregnancy and with 3/4 of my stomach gone the hormone ghrelin which causes hunger is 3/4 gone too.

Back