• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for the Post Oppers

CharChar

Do you miss your relationship with food?
How do you deal with wanting to eat and can't?
What do you in place of binge eating, sneaking, ect?

Charlotte

great question char, its all very well not being able to eat the food, but our head still wants it lol x

Well I have not had anything yet that has made me dump, so technically I could eat anything as long as it was only a small amount ... BUT there is no way I am going to go back to damaging eating habits after going through with major surgery & all that entails. The psychological side of the op has been good for keeping me on the straight & narrow but that is not to say that & am 100% good every day. If I really want something I have it (again small amounts) but it is rare that my willpower fails me post op. Not feeling hungry is also the main reason I do not fall off the wagon very much. You will deal with it in your own way when your time comes. good luck, sweetie xxx :):):)

Personally I just simply don't want it any more. (Something I never ever thought I'd be able to say) I'm usually full after eating my meals and don't fancy anything for a few hours till the next meal or snack anyway. I admit that I dish the rest of the familys dinner up sometimes, when I was on puree or mash ect and think, gosh I fancy that but now I'm on solids it's not so much of a problem as I eat pretty much what the rest of the family are eating anyway, just smaller portions. I can honestly say I don't miss stuff and have gone right off sweet things.

Kate x

Hi ya, I thought pre op I would really miss food but it's strange I don't, at the start it's hard to know wat ur body will let u eat or wat it won't let u eat, and going out to eat was a bit of a struggle knowing wat to order, but I can honestly say 8 months post op I don't miss take outs (I adoured them b4 especially kebab, KFC, McDonald's) and in my head ild love to have one last kebab but I love my new life much better than I love kebab and going into any shop picking up a size 14 is fab beats going shopping at a size 26 not finding nothing that fits and just ending up in McDonald's eating as a comfort now I shop shop shop till I drop lol, ur whole relationship with food will completely change, although I ain't golden I still can eat crisps chocolate and sweets and don't dump but that's about self control over christmas I slipped a bit didn't put any weight on but ate too many chocolates crisps which resulted to me not eating my meals!!!!
Ur taste buds will change too u won't like certain foods, my pouch don't like chicken or anything chinesse or chinesse related, it don't like gammon and certain meats but I know to avoid now, xx

Much like Kate, my desire for food is not there in the same way any more - I eat because I need to, not because my brain is telling me to have it and have as much of it as possible! I eat pretty much everything I ate before the op, just in smaller amounts, and if anything, I have a more varied diet now as some foods that used to be considered 'evil' such as cheese and peanut butter, I can now have, as they are high in protein. I love my op! :D

Wow!
Those are wonderful peeps.
And it sounds like it wasn't that tough. I just hope it's like that for me.
Because foods seems to be on my mind 24/7 , unless I'm asleep.
Your words are so encouraging and give me hope that I will be there too soon!!! "5 more days"

Charlotte

i found it hard on pre op and the first 4/5 wks post op but now i can eat anything except bread of any kind which i dont mind i ate alot of pizza b4 my op so dont wanna end up bk there. but i can each chips, crisps, chocolate or sweets and dont dump. but b4 i wud eat half a box of quality street now i can only manage 3 at a time so limit to that per day shud i fancy any at all damn christmas ha. its strange having cupboards full of crap and it not tempting me like it wud of b4 op but am only just getting to the point where i appreciate having the bypass i did mourn food well am lieing it was my fizzy none diet pop av missed the most that was my biggest weekness 10 wks without any and its getting easier everyday. for snacks i try to have grapes or satsumas cause i dont eat any vegetables at all so need something gud for me thats not protein and wot i enjoy eating xx

you will find once u eat ur protein first u dont have room left for much more x

Pre op I was hungry ALL the time, I was constantly thinking about food, since the day of my op it really hasn't bothered me. I don't think I dump, I haven't tried choc or sweets yet but I have had a biscuit and I was fine. My hubby is sat on the sofa as I type this with a box of matchmakers, he offered me one but I don't want it. A bag of sweets and a packet of Mikado. 2 months ago I would have polished that lot off without batting an eye lid. And If I wanted a kebab, I would get a chicken one and not eat the pitta, I even had one the night before my op as a last meal! I just don't fancy all the crap I used to crave!

When your stomach is made smaller the amount of Grehlin is reduced so hunger is a thing of the past!I havent been hungry once in nearly a year!Just had a checkup and all bloods have come back spot on and Ive lost 63% of my excess weight,never felt so well and happy.

6mths post-op & still don't feel hunger only the occasional devil of head hunger that I still fight to control those old bad habits but getting there. I still have to remind myself it's a meal time do I therefore have to eat. It's just great. So far I've lost over 63% of my excess weight at 4mths post op so keen to see how much more has gone by my next appointment if feb. bmi has gone from 42 to 29 as well so feeling great only 5 more point to have a great bmi level. Bring it on.

I often think I'm hungry then think no I ain't it's just my mind!!! And I leave it or have a drink of water!! U lady's r doing fab xx

Big an Bouncy said:
When your stomach is made smaller the amount of Grehlin is reduced so hunger is a thing of the past!I havent been hungry once in nearly a year!Just had a checkup and all bloods have come back spot on and Ive lost 63% of my excess weight,never felt so well and happy.

That's so awesome, can't wait to feel like that!
Good job

Charlotte

Thank you Char for starting this thread. I feel the exact same way! Food is constantly on my mind and I feel like my stomach growls all the time. I hope and pray that I can be successful like everyone here! You all are so inspiring! I get more excited every day!! Can't wait!

its funny that now i appreciate the food i can eat... im eating healthier and enjoying the food i am eating.. im only on week 6 soft food stage so still have lots of foods to try... its a very exciting journey. My daughter had chips yesterday from a chicken place i used to go to every few days and they smelled lovely, but my head was saying.. why eat that crap... when normally i would have a big fat chicken burger, large chips and maybe a piece of chicken aswell and a sugary fizzy drink.... im happy as i am and grateful i now have this tool to get me healther, thinner and help me to live longer xxx

Raynebubble said:
its funny that now i appreciate the food i can eat... im eating healthier and enjoying the food i am eating.. im only on week 6 soft food stage so still have lots of foods to try... its a very exciting journey. My daughter had chips yesterday from a chicken place i used to go to every few days and they smelled lovely, but my head was saying.. why eat that crap... when normally i would have a big fat chicken burger, large chips and maybe a piece of chicken aswell and a sugary fizzy drink.... im happy as i am and grateful i now have this tool to get me healther, thinner and help me to live longer xxx

It's mad how we change isn't it, u probably will try these foods at one point of ur journey but chances r they will make u sick!! They did me lol I carnt eat chicken at all :-( and I use to love chicken first time I tried a chip made me very sick now I just don't bother, and I tried chinesse which made me very sick too, wen uv been on liquids ur grateful for a bit of solid food, salad is my favourite as it goes down a treat and wen I eat it I can eat a good size portion other foods I can only manage small amounts but for some reason salad my pouch is a bottomless pit to the stuff xx

Back