• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question ..

farzu

Hello everyone,

I got my pre-op assesment date on 2nd march and surgery date on 23rd march but i am very confused about the appointment with dietian and anasthetics because i never met them. Well i met one dietian before but thats not for WLS. When do you normally get their appointment?

I see in some of your profiles that you met them before your pre-op assesment and i am confused. Can you get to meet them after the pre-op assesment?

Please some one tell me if i am on the right track.

Try not to worry Farzu, every hospital and surgeon do things differently. For what you'd think is an field of medicine that would be carried out the same way, wherever, by whichever surgeon the variance is sometimes amazing.

I'm sure if you mention at your next appointment that you haven't seen the dietician they will let you know when that is scheduled for, I saw mine at my pre assessment op anyway.

Everything will fall into place and you'll soon be on your way :):)

Hi Farzu! You have asked the question that I have been wondering about also. I have seen the surgeon and dietician at my first appointment, and they said that I would have to come back again to see the dietician again before the op, I also wondered if this would happen at the pre op assessment. You must be getting pretty excited with your op not so far away now xx

Thank you very much for the reply. i was very confused about it. I will ask about this on my Pre-op. Not too long now.

I only met a dietician at the educational session and immediately after surgery. And I met the anaesthetist for the first time as I was walking into the theatre.

I think every hospital does things differently.

Back