• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question..

Georgie163

Hello hello,

Just wondering a couple of things really and thought some of you lovelies may know the answers so here goes:

1. Can you ever drink wine again after a Gastric Bypass? Can you get tipsy? Not that I often do and it really doesn't take much anyway but will I always be the designated driver post op?

2. Do you get catheterised? Just wondering if they (as in the entire theatre team) will see my lady parts or if they stay undercover. Also, do you get to wear a bra during the op?

3. Was does DS and LSD mean?

4. I've yet to work my date out and as I'm self funding I need to give the hospital an idea of when I'm up for it. Just wondering what people are like roughly 2 weeks post op as I have tix to see Beyoncé and want to be ok for that.

Thanks so much! Really loving how informative this forum is :)

Hello hello, Just wondering a couple of things really and thought some of you lovelies may know the answers so here goes: 1. Can you ever drink wine again after a Gastric Bypass? Can you get tipsy? Not that I often do and it really doesn't take much anyway but will I always be the designated driver post op? 2. Do you get catheterised? Just wondering if they (as in the entire theatre team) will see my lady parts or if they stay undercover. Also, do you get to wear a bra during the op? 3. Was does DS and LSD mean? 4. I've yet to work my date out and as I'm self funding I need to give the hospital an idea of when I'm up for it. Just wondering what people are like roughly 2 weeks post op as I have tix to see Beyoncé and want to be ok for that. Thanks so much! Really loving how informative this forum is :)

You can drink wine after the op but most surgeons recommend you wait a few months and some even longer. Some people won't touch alcohol after cause it's wasted calories. I've also read that people get tipsy quicker too. The choice is yours on that one.

I didn't get catheterised but have heard of some people having to have it done. I went under with pants on and when I woke up they were still on ild say no to a bra cause it would get in the way. One if the imports are close to the boobs.

No sure on DS but LSD means liver shrinking diet . It's a diet you have to go on a few weeks before date.

Hmm i would of felt to rough to go anywhere like a concert a few weeks after! Not only that but you need to figure out what you can and can't tolerate drink and food wise. Don't won't to have a dumping episode at a concert.

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

Not sure what

DS means duodenal switch. I only had a balloon inserted, no surgery, and couldn't go to a concert a week later - had to sell my tix last minute.

One of those little, single serving bottles of wine makes me as tipsy as if I'd had a whole bottle!

That'll do nicely :) even if you can't have a drink for the first 12 months is fine, just happy to know you can still have a glass of red eventually!

Back