• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fibre!

Hello

Am a week post op (band) and although I'm managing to get a lot of protein in, fibre just isn't happening and I'm definitely feeling it!
Just wondering if any of you lovelies had any ideas of how to get fibre during the liquids/mushy stages?

Thanks in advance! X

I don't go often and try not to worry about it unless it starts being really uncomfortable. Laxatives give me cramps and fiber supplements sit lie cement in my tum so I try things like broccoli or spinach (used to be green beans too but have not tried them yet). Now lentil soup seems to be doing the trick. With the high protein diet it' hard to get the natural fibre in - I used to take magnesium and zinc supplements which did the trick but can't yet now :(

I took and still take Senna tablets .. Because I take cocodamol and Tramadol I tend to get blocked up anyway , so I take one Senna pill every morning along with my Floradix vitamin pill .. If I don't then I can blocked up and then it gets painful to go as its to hard and to large ( tmi )
I crunch the Senna pill in my mouth , it tastes a little like dog biscuits ahahah but it's not bad ..
Don't wait to long to try and shift it .. I would suggest you take 2 Senna before bed and then one a day after until you go ..
Mindy
Xxxx

I take senna and a softener anyway. I also manage runny porridge now and add a mix of milled flaxseed, nuts and coenzyme Q10 which is good for fibre but relatively high in calories so I use a teaspoon and not every day. I also have lentil and bean soups which seem to help. The other thing is to make sure you are hydrated and drink plenty.

When I spoke to the dietician she said you will get constipated to start with so use laxatives but as you heal and can add in more food it will eventually even itself out :)

Thank you very much everyone! Think will have to give in and take some Senna :(
On another note....mushy peas and curry sauce! Never thought about that combo but am craving it now! Yum! X

Do you like Alpen ? Try a small bowl of Alpen with a weetabix mixed in for breakfast .. That's really a good fibre mix .. Esp with warm milk ..
The Senna should work .. Take 2 like I do when your a little bunged up followed by one every day .. Keeps you nice and regular ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Back