• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions about after op

lynnepoth

Sorry all but so many questions! My anaesthetist had told me he will wake me in theatre and make sure I am awake before he takes the tube out which petrifies me as had that with endoscopy and made me gag and consequently have an accident as a week bladder! Also they will sit me up then make me shift myself into the bed which will take me back to the ward as its not fair on the nurses to lift me! Then I am not to stay in bed but to be put straight into a chair!!!!! Had to operations in past and both times my blood pressure dropped and I could not physically move!

Is this what everyone has done after tour ops? I am having rny

I am due to have bypass in 12 days time. I have not been told about what happens on ward but I assumed they would move you in the bed your already in from recovery to the ward?

ive not heard that before! I walked to the operating room and woke up on the ward in bed !
I did spent a little time out of bed on a chair but had these air wrap things around my legs but it easy just to laze in bed

I was woken up in the theatre,and the breathing tube was removed and was put on a oxygen mask. I only remember waking up in the recovery room on my bed with the mask on, i would find that very odd that they would make you move your self on to your bed after having abdominal surgery. I work in the operating theatres and all patients having any wls are moved on to there bed before they wake up. Even though you are woken up in the theatre you probably won't remember much if any of it. ( i didn't, the last thing i remember was the anaesthitist holding the mask on my face as he gave me the drugs to get me to sleep, then waking up in the recovery area)

Well that's what they told me! Get me sat up to shift over into bed as its not fair to ask the nurses to lift me over! At moment 20 St 7 and they want me to get to 19st 7! I am worried about trying to move myself as I know I will be out of it!

I walked into operating theatre , straight onto operating bed from what I remember there is some sort of inflatable removable mattress sheet underneath it, so once the surgery is done it's easier for them to move you into your ward bed.
I woke up in recovery room , then went back to the ward. Then later on when I could move they came back for the inflatable part of the bed to bring back to theatre.

Back