• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions, questions, questions

Harley_Q

What questions did you ask or are planning to ask at MDT? It says to prepare them in advance but I'm drawing a blank when I try to think!

I thought Mdt ( multi disaprinanary team meeting) was when all the team who have been dealing with you from your hospital ie pysch / dietician/ doctors all get together and dicuss each case they have. We as patients dont attend these .this is where things like what steps to take / fund or not /extra measures are taken then in time you should hear from your point of contact
hope that helps

Oh well someone else called it that, the letter I got said I'd meet several people, think dietician and anethnatist was mention, then in the afternoon they'd get together to decide a treatment plan, I'd be there all day and to prepare any questions before arriving!

Oh well someone else called it that, the letter I got said I'd meet several people, think dietician and anethnatist was mention, then in the afternoon they'd get together to decide a treatment plan, I'd be there all day and to prepare any questions before arriving!

Yes Harley that's what my psych told me and she's part of the MDT team at st richards. Her name is nadine

Hi Harley
Yes I got my letter for the 19th September, and it read the same as yours, and I would be there all day meeting the team.
I have already seen the Surgeon once, so this time will definitely be getting my questions right. Waiting for answers :D, last time was a disaster.

I guess each team and pct does it differently
good luck with your team

I wish it was all the same then we'd all have a good idea what is going on! Willow why was yours a disaster? I've met a surgeon as a private patient and he's the one that put me on the nhs route, but I know there are a few surgeons at Chichester so could be a different one x

1 I didn't know what operation I wanted

2 I hadn't read up properly on the operation

3 could not answer is questions

4 He asked if I had put weight on, just to get the operation

I am not very good in these situations anyway, they make me nervous and that makes me worse.

But this time I will be more clued up, and I want the sleeve.

All the best on your journey.

yes my mdt meeting was the same i had to attend for an afternoon and had separate meetings with all the different members of the team the final meeting was with the surgeon, who read the note and said that he would put me on the list............ of course there all different .... but sounds how mine went too gl all x x x x don't be scared to ask questions.

I'm currently trying to figure out what would be best for me: sleeve or bypass. I am interested in this thread and will be following along.. :)

What questions did you ask or are planning to ask at MDT? It says to prepare them in advance but I'm drawing a blank when I try to think!

The only ones I can think of are:

1. What is the surgeons mortality rate?
2. The dietician / Surgeons opinion on best results op and recovery times.
3. Worst possible outcome if the op goes wrong?
4. Would you be able to sign a consent form stating that if for any reason they couldn't give u a bypass (I mean once your lights out in OT) that they give you a sleeve instead? (I'm definitely asking that one!)
5. How long is the pre op milk diet

That's all I can think of at the moment! :D Even if you think you know the answers to some questions ask anyway - as the answers might be different from what you thought! Also - I'll be doing the Spanish Inquisition on you when you are done! Lol! If you don't mind of course! ;)

They're good I'm going to ask about aftercare programmes, recovery times,

To be honest I was think sleeve but I'm more leaning towards bypass, so I guess I need to know what can go wrong

HI

Just wondering do people generally go to see the surgeon/consultant knowing which operation they want or does the surgeon/consultant recommend two and let you decide? Does anyone have a link to the pros and cons of each surgery or what each is best suited to?

Many thanks x

HI Just wondering do people generally go to see the surgeon/consultant knowing which operation they want or does the surgeon/consultant recommend two and let you decide? Does anyone have a link to the pros and cons of each surgery or what each is best suited to? Many thanks x

I'm leaning more towards a bypass but I am still going to ask which the surgeon thinks is best. In all honesty I don't actually mind which one I get!
You can google pros and cons I can't seem to find one place with all the info.

Hi Birdie
When I saw the Surgeon I was only offered a Bypass / Sleeve, but he did say "while I was under if they could not do bypass, it would be Sleeve or viceversa."
Also said it would be on my consent form, so will let you know after the 19th September.
Unless some one comes along and lets us know, which would be good.

I have wrote your questions down, I will be asking these. :D

Hi Birdie When I saw the Surgeon I was only offered a Bypass / Sleeve, but he did say "while I was under if they could not do bypass, it would be Sleeve or viceversa." Also said it would be on my consent form, so will let you know after the 19th September. Unless some one comes along and lets us know, which would be good. I have wrote your questions down, I will be asking these. :D

I
Hey Willow! That's Good to know that they will do the sleeve / bypass if they can! I would hate to wake up and find out that nothing was done!

Is your surgery the 19th?? You must be so chuffed! Can't wait to get my date! :D

Hi Birdie
No its not the surgery date worse luck, :cry: its the MDT to meet all the team sign contract, and tell me about the treatment, go on to list. Then I think it will be 16 weeks to operation what I can make out, might be sooner.

Oh yes sorry willow, I remember you and Harley are on the same date! Lucky fish! I will definitely catch up with you afterwards to find out how it went! I'm on day 2 of my diary so will hopefully be able to send it off on Friday morning (of course it has to be a bank holiday this weekend!)

Hi Birdie
More waiting for bank holiday.
Do you have to put drinks down on your diary, as well as food. I wonder if they have a look at this, and they decide what's best for us. What do you think.
I think its the not knowing, its sending me crazy.

Back