• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year post op - Just thought I'd post an update...

Sappho

Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on here but it's nice to catch up on everyone. I had bypass Nov 2009. I have been lucky in having no sickness and only occasional pain when I eat too much but I have had a bit of hair loss. I must admit my diet at the moment is a bit rubbish to say the least, I am still working on my head but I am slowly gaining control. It is a very bad thing that I discovered I can eat crisps!! I can actually eat more than I thought I would be able to and some meals it seems to me I eat much more than the size of my pouch - don't know how that works (any ideas anyone?). Anyway, have now lost 135lbs and my weight has stabilised between 11.10 - 12 stone depending on TOTM. I am now applying to the PCT for skin removal but seems to be taking forever to get any type of answer. GP was requested by PCT to give me a test for depression but as I have dont have any probs with this not sure if it will mean a refusal. In the positives, I am much more confident as a person and slowly slowly getting used to looking in mirrors! Merry xmas one and all xx

Well done you! Great result you are doing so well!
Can't really comment on the skin removal issues as I'm only just post op myself and don't know much about that. But I wanted to say congrats on what you have achieved so far!!

Cant help with the skin question but just wanted to say how amazing you have done. Well done hun xxxxx

Fab loss & good luck with the pct. xx

Congrats on such an amazing weight loss!

Well done to you.

I had my op in Nov 09 and am surprised just by what things I can eat, I regulary tuck into a cadburys flake mmmmmmm and love it. My weights about the same as yours, fluctuating up and down around 5 to 7lbs.

Good luck with the plastics, Im not bothering with any of that - long story, but I wish you luck. xx

An inspirational story and very well done... all the very best to you in every way.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Sappho good to see you! You have done really well and happy surgiversary. There are days when i can eat quite a lot too so don't worry apparently its quite normal at our stage in the day! 135lbs is a fantastic weight loss so lots of congratulations. I can't comment on skin removal as although i've lost 131lbs its not something i have considered yet as i'm a bit of a coward. Well done again on your brilliant achievement xx

Thanks everyone :) You have all been an inspiration :)

Well Done and good luck with the skin removal x

Back