• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions ???????? x

suzie290304

hi im wondering if anyone can help me? i have an appointment to see the surgeon on 13th. What sort of questions did you ask the surgeon, so far i have - do you wake up with catheter and drain, how long is expected hospital stay, how many more app will i need. I cant think of anything else as this site has been great to answer everything and im sure he will go through pre op diet, tablets ect. Is their anything that when you got out of your app did you think i wish i had of asked? thanks x x x :confused:

good question Suzie , i shall be watching in prep for when i get my appointment

The old stomach is re-connected further down the intestine and contines to produce gastric juice to add digestion :)

How much support can I expect from the team post-op; will I have access to a dietician via phone/email if needed; when will I see the surgeon post-op; are there any local support groups?

Plus how long do you advise to avoid driving as most insurers will say it's up to your consultant so if you drive before his/her ok your insurance will be invalid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Suzie. Is this your first appointment following the one with the dietician/nurse? I f so, I only had a couple of minutes with him, so don't be surprised if you don't get chance to ask them all. I found it was more of a case of checking my weight and being told I'm now waiting for endoscopy, rather than a consultation, or even a chat, about everything that happens. Good luck.

I had a long chat with my Surgeon and was told before hand to write a list of things that I wanted to ask during the consultation. It was invaluable. I did forget one thing but it wasn't important really. Start your list now and keep adding to it or deleting items right up until your appointment :)

Hi jema Ye this is my first appointment with him on 13th. Iv got an appointment with dietitian today already had nurse. I think they do things a bit differently at rakelane as most people who have went here have got their date at this appointment if you have done what your asked to do and he has not got any worries (fingers crossed I hope :) ). Just keep thinking something is going to happen and they will say no as I have had a smooth ride ( no health probs, lost weight, and stopped smoking ) so hope I have proven myself. Thanks everyone for the questions my list is getting longer and do so hope he gives me the time to ask them x x x

Back