• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused! cardiac ultrasound??

kell

Hey all....

I saw my surgeon and had my pre-op last week and they said everything was fine.

Just waiting for a surgery date, should be within the 18 weeks, I was told.

Then this morning I recieved an app for end of May to go for a cardiac ultrasound.

No one said anything about this at all, not the surgeon or the pre op nurse, so Im wondering is this normal proceedure or is there something wrong with my heart?
Also, will this set my surgery date back?

Thanks x x x

hiya kell ... lots of them do ultra sounds i have had one before for this op .. with the cold jelly .. and ECG ....

i see my surgeon on 6th and im having a few tests this week coming and they said results wont be back in time of me seeing him for my op date .. but that does not matter cause any issue will be fixed before my op in them weeks that i wait ......

so i wouldent worry ......

Hi Kell

I don't really know anything about about the cardiac ultrasound but I'm sure there is no need to worry.

You could try giving your surgery team a call to see why you've had this though. It might help to put your mind at rest a little.

Cheers Brett & congrats on getting back to see the surgeon so soon. Bet you cant wait to get your surgery date! :)

Thanks Nikki....Ive called the dietician to see if she knows anything about it as Ive no other numbers to call :(
Probs have to wait a few days for her to return my call (if at all!) lol.x

Do you suffer with breathlessness, asthama or something like that?

I guess they are just being thorough, better to make sure you are totally match fit before embarking on surgery.

I am sure all will be fine - good luck on your journey :)

Back