• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

quick question!

roisinoshea

i'm back from my surgery in belgium! it's only been... 24 odd hours, just over. so far i've been able to drink most liquids (slim fast shakes, water, cold coffee) and yoghurt but i've also had a little bit of soup and a few finn crisp crackers. i know we're supposed to stick entirely to liquids but my stomach actually hurts with hunger! has anyone else felt like this? i've not eaten any other solids and nothing but two small pots of yoghurt, a few mouthfuls of watered down pea soup and the slim fast.

well, i've only been eating the crackers cause at the hospital, we did get these little dutch cracker things so i figured it wouldn't be too bad so long as i chewed them into a mush in my mouth. but thank you for your reply!

i think i'm gonna try and stay away from dry foods for now, just in case. i've got soup, yoghurt, porridge etc.

the belgium hospital was very nice and very clean although the nurses didn't have great bedside manner. i was given pain meds as and when needed but i was uncomfortable all through the night (the pillow was like sleeping on rocks!) but ultimately it was a good experience! nurses came in through the night, they were polite etc.

Welcome Roisinoshea. Take things slowly, and I'd agree with leaving the crackers for now.

There's another member that's posted today asking for info on your surgeon. Hopefully you can give them some feedback.

i've mostly eaten yoghurts today, though i still feel i've consumed too much. could you direct me to the post about dr chris? i'll offer whatever info i have.

It's under he 'introduce yourself here' section. The post is by Irishgirl. :)

Hi hunni and welcome to the forum :) congrats on getting your band too....... Just stick to your providers rules regarding what to eat..... if they say fluid then fluid it is :) the main reason is while your tummy heals, having more solid foods would require your tum to go thru the digestion process thats why its important no lumps. Check with your providers is best bet, for me it was sloppy and passed thru a sieve........ check to be on the safe side you certainly don't want to do any harm to your new tummy :) all the best x x x x

Eek, crackers!?

I can only assume they gave them to you by accident. I have never, ever heard of anyone, no matter which op eating dry food so soon. I must admit though you kinda expect that your team will know the rights and wrongs.

To answer your question, yes I woke up absolutely hank marvin! If you are enjoying the slim fast etc, its fine to keep sipping away on them.

Take it easy and welcome to the losers bench xx

hi mazza. no idea how i was able to eat those finn crisp thingies then. i did chew them up until they were complete mush, however. maybe i don't even have a band... maybe this is all a dream. i'm just going to stick to soup, yoghurt and slim fast shakes (ordered a six pack today online). thanks for the advice, everyone.

I think different providers maybe have different rules? The Hospital Group are that you have 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mush with the back of a fork, then 20 20 20 rule. What did you think of the Belgium hospital? I went to Dolan Park, banded 3 weeks :0) Good luck x

Hiya, im being banded at Dolan park on tues, how did u find it, how did u feel afterwards etc x

Hey Bex Dolan Park was lush I was so apprehensive, but the staff were lovely I was last on the list, but you have to be there for 7 to get your bloods done. A long day, but the room was comfy, big tv, wifi Got back to the room about 6:30, up and walking the ward by midnight The night nurse made me tea, came in with painkillers, had a chat, answered all my questions The worst thing was the bruise on my hand from the cannula, oh my life it was worse than my glued wounds x You leave around 8am, so the new banders can have their rooms x Good luck for tuesday x x

Oh thanks for the quick explanation that's made me feel slightly better I'm so bloody excited!! I get picked up between 6-6.30am tue and it takes around 3.5 hours to get there! I'm taking a pillow.
I just want to wish this weekend away and get there xx

Hi, I had the same surgery earlier this year, along with the dutch crackers the morning after surgery. It will be normal for you to feel hungry for the first couple of weeks, after that you will find you can eat pretty much everything the same as before. This is because the band will be empty. Its the way Chris De Bruyne regulates your adaption to your band. He will slowly fill your band each month until you get restriction. The first few months for me didn't feel like any change. Now, at 6.75ml filled I have just found good restriction and am only now starting to lose weight regularly each week. Good luck on your journey!

Hi, I had the same surgery earlier this year, along with the dutch crackers the morning after surgery. It will be normal for you to feel hungry for the first couple of weeks, after that you will find you can eat pretty much everything the same as before. This is because the band will be empty. Its the way Chris De Bruyne regulates your adaption to your band. He will slowly fill your band each month until you get restriction. The first few months for me didn't feel like any change. Now, at 6.75ml filled I have just found good restriction and am only now starting to lose weight regularly each week. Good luck on your journey!

thank you so much for your reply! this really puts my mind at ease.

oopsydaisy can I ask who did ur surgery? mr hewins is doing mine in dolan park (in12 days). just wondered if anyone else has had him? x

Back