• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The band fights back...

fbscpa

After I got myself in a little sulk last week about not losing any weight, it seems the band is fighting back since my second band fill (now 5 ml in a 10.5 ml band).

I have really struggled today despit staying on mushy foods. I had weetabix for breakfast which were fine. I managed about 2 peices of raveoli for lunch but it wasn't going down well so I had a yoghurt instead.

Then by the time I got home I was hungry so thought I'd have some nairns "breakfast" biscuits since I'd not had much lunch. Big mistake. I think I probably ate them too fast I as assumed they'd go down fine if chewed well. They went down but boy did they come back up quick! Apparently my stomack didn't appreciate drinking too soon after this either as it was gurgling and generaly moaning.

I'm now sipping a slim fast shake and think I'll go back to liquids again tommorow, perhaps I just need another day on liquids before progressing. It's weird cos I didn't have a problem with pasta at all previously.

Anyway, I guess I got a shock that the band is working afterall - not been feeling much up to this point. Fingers crossed it settles down a bit and I can eat something more solid in a few days.

I know the feeling hun, mine is still tight two weeks after my 3rd fill. I'm reaaaally having to take it slowly.

It did settle eventually after my 2nd fill but took a while, and I think I was on 5.8 then.

It's hard work isn't it? Especially when you take those couple of bites too quickly...

I had a fill in December but was overfilled so ended up having that whole ml removed. Since then the band has felt tight (I've had quite a bit of stress too), and I do have to go to mushies when the band gets irritable.
It's not ideal, but luckily I'm not left feeling hungry so it's copable until my life gets less stressy!

Good to know I'm not alone Banderbird, hopefully mine will settle down like yours did! Upto now I've really not had any problems with the band so yep I can see how this going to be hard work now! Weight is going in the right direction now at least though :)

Yeah I'm staying on liquids for a few days as I can't even keep mushy or bad things (i.e. biscuits!) down so I don't think theres any chance of progressing onto textured things just yet.

If will give it until next week and see how it goes (I have a dietician phone call then), hoping it will settle down and I don't need a defill.

Hope life gets less stressfull soon Sarah, it's good to know that mushies are OK if needed. As you say not feeling hungry is a bonus and means I'm not overindulging on liquids/mushies.

It's amazing/weird what difference a ml can make! lol

There's nothing worse than taking a bite that's too big or swalling to soon and then getting that 'pang' is there? I'm really trying to take my time and slow right down. Was thinking since last fill that it was too tight but I think it's just me eating too much, too often and too fast - story of my life! LOL x

Im glad its not just me thats had a drink too soon after eating. I had 1ml in 2 weeks ago and even my slim fast gurgled its way down. Struggled for a week and never got onto textured. Had 0.3ml out and its settled happy days.
Think was the one and only time ever regretted the band.
Keep us posted on how your getting on

I seem to be doing better today (touch wood). Managed some potato omelette for lunch & a full pitta and some Philadelphia for tea. Think I just needed a little longer on liquids & to lean to eat v v slowly - really hard work tbh, my jaw aches from chewing!! lol oh and no drinks while eating, provider says it's OK but band says otherwise! lol

Back