• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Random update

salski

So I thought I would update a little at what is going on with me.

2 weeks ago it was my best mates buffday, we went for a curry and they all went out after - being up the duff - I thought I'd give it a miss...glad I did as got home and started to feel funny - epilepsy back with a vengeance.
Having funny turns and feeling shattered we went to bed early and Sunday was a right off - after is always worse than the funny turns - sleepy and unable to function.
This last 2 weeks the attacks have gotten more frequent and its a bit of a pi**er as they upped my meds in Sept and I havnt had any up until then.
Work was fine but I was struggling to do full days. Unable to drive anymore I have to get a lift from my hubby so that means starting at 7 and finishing at 5...I think that along with being 7 months pregnant was taking it toll, so I booked a few days off rest.
Last Wed I was at the midwife and it took e 3 hours to get in work as I lost my bus pass en-rout!
When I got in work I was drained, exhausted and my blood sugars dropped to 1.7. I had a sugary drink and luckily got a lift home. Thursday I called in sick as I was not compus mentus. I was off my face due to the epilepsy and my blood sugars wouldnt regulate.
I booked myself in with the doc for Monday morning and weekend was rubbish. I went to Salford Royal for my antenatal classes and they were fab both Sat and Sun, but as soon as I got home I felt so low and spaced out that I was only fit for bed!
Monday morning I explained tot he doc what was going on and he signed me off for a week. He also upped my epilepsy medication and because I cant get to see my new neurologist until Jan said to keep him posted on how I get on!
Im just a bit bleugh with my health at the mo - the only thing that seems to be going well is baby Elsie - which is fab, but I have got a cold on top of feeling yucky and my sleep has gone to pot...and about 2 hours ago I have lost my replacement free travel pass! My coat wont fit over my bump, Im permanently freeeeeeeezing and I know I moaning, but it all feels a bit on top of me.
I lost some weight too so thats a bit of a bonus as baby is getting bigger, and I lost a kilo from 11th November.
Im having regular blood glucose monitoring and seeing the endocrine and bariatric team each week, but its such a treck on public transport a walk, bus and a tram and without a decent coat and frozen feet Im just tired!
Anyway I have to say today I have felt more with it than I have in weeks so fingers crossed the meds will kick in soon and help with that more too!
Im sorry to rant, but Im trying so hard to keep upbeat!
Sal x

Awww Poor you Sal, you deffinately are having a tough time at the moment......being 7 months pregnant is a trial in itself but then to be poorly on top of it and its no wonder you need a moan....you moan away hun.....if it makes you feel a bit better its worth it :D Its is a hell of a trek to Salford Royal from Gorton with no car, no wonder you are knackered!! Chin up hun, at least Elsie and the weight is going well :D XX

Awww i hope you will start picking up soon love.
Yes pregnancy in itself can be very tiring without any extra complications. Take care of both of you xxxx

You poor little love. No wonder you're feeling so down. Bless you. Hopefully everything is going to calm right down when baby comes. Pregnancy can make lots of conditions flare up or become worse.

All I can suggest is plenty of rest, be kind to yourself and try ( I know its hard) to be patient.

Sending lots of love and hugs

Grace xxx

Oh Sal, so many first time moms wait till the last minute before booking maternity leave. I truly believe some moms should have a bit of time for themselves before the birth, and you sound like a prime candidate for this...

Take a bit of time for yourself sweetheart xx

How rotten for you feeling so rough, when you should be enjoying your pregnancy.
Any chance you can pack in work earlier so you can get the much needed rest?

I hope things pick up for you soon, pleased to hear little Elsie is thriving, but do look after your health hun x

Take care Lots of Love and Hugs Kat xx

Thank you - my mum just said the same - that in reality I should look at starting it earlier. Im just so low health wise, but happy all other wise! Just had another episode, so all still isnt well! But tthanks for your support x

Awe Young Blue Nose I'm sorry to hear you're having it rough at the minute. Never having been pregnant (Although one time my doctor said to me Karl a stomach that big should be on a pregnant woman, I said it has been and she is :D:D:D) I have no advice to help you here, but just know your friends are thinking of you and hoping you're back to your old self real soon

I miss you Sally we need to catch up soon, let me know the best time to call OK? :wave_cry:

Thinking of you Sal and hoping you can get your rest and relaxation... keep in touch, love and hugs xxx

Thanks guys. I had another one last night and went straight to bed. Slept until 6 this morning, got up for a few hours - went back to bed until 11. Had to treck to Salford Royal for an appointment, then my friend picked me up for tea, then back to the support group there - home now and knackered! But free day tomorrow to chill in bed all day ;)
Thanks for support guys x

aw sorry to hear how you have been feeling. I remember being pregnant over the winter time with my eldest daughter and not having a coat to keep me warm - ended up with a thick cardi and then a nice poncho - worked a treat.
Does your employer pay sick pay? If you are suffering with epilepsy you should be covered under DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) and should be able to take DAL without any repercussions. Also, with being pregnant you could be able to take sick time off without repercussions up until 4 weeks before your due date.
Also, has your employer carried out a risk assessment with you since you became pregnant?

I am not sure who you work for (if its a private company they may not be able to offer these things - but you should look into them. If its public sector - these should be available)

Hope you are feeling better soon x

It was lovely to see you tonight Sally You look great xxx

Sorry I missed you tonight Sal, I couldnt get a lift. Hubby working and daughter had to take her daughter to trumpet practice!! I was gutted as they dont have one in January so it will be ages before the next one....Hope you are feeling better XX

Thanks again guys.
I had a decent sleep - had about 8 hours which is more than I have had in ages! So hopefully I will begin to feel better soon. I had a funny turn earlier yesterday and my bloog glucose monitor showed that the last 2 days since Monday - my glucose was always below 2.2 - luckily I dont feel too bad until it goes below 1.8 or lower.
I am feeling so lucky today. Being married and pregnant bypassed and better off financially than ever before (due to strict budgeting) and generally feeling like one lucky lass - apart from my health. I have been unwell since my bypass and none of it (apart from the blood sugar issue) is bypass related!
I am covered under the DDa however I work for the Home Office, and even though I am covered under the DDA I still have sickness triggers. Like you have pointed out pregnancy related sick doesnt count until 4 weeks before so luckily the doc has put pregnancy related sickness on my sick note.
Ahh Im sure things will improve - the festive season is upon us and Im looking forward to having a lovely Christmas whilst waiting for the arrival of baby Elsie ;)
Thanks for your support - it means an awful lot ;)
Oh and last night at the support group I did lots of bellydancing :) Hehe x

So glad you all had a great time last night... I missed out on my hugs... but will hope to see you all either in February or March.

The belly dancing sounds great.. I know Pearline goes to classes. Great fun.

Looking forward to seeing you all so much...

Take good care Sal... you are doing well with so much going on around you xxx

Im so pleased you are feeling a bit better, its amazing how much a good sleep can help :D You have lots to look forward to with baby Elsie on the way, I hope your health lets you enjoy it :D XX

Back