• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a funny turn in Asda

slimmerkay

Must be the week for funny turns :(

I went in alone whilst hubby waited in the car with Xander because he was in a strop (Xander that is, not daddy - although daddy can throw some whopper tantrums too).

Anyway I felt a little light headed going around the ailes - a bit detatched from my body, weird. Then when I got to the till I had to leave my trolley and go and sit down nearby! The room was spinning like mad. Luckily a friend of Paul's was there an helped me to pack up and got me to the car.

Actually I was fine within a few minutes but it was a bit scary!

Are you eating enough Karen?

certainly sounds like it. But strange your funny turn, sounds like you almost feinted. Mind you I used to do that regularly when I was pregnant in supermarkets.........you don't think........?

ooo hope your ok now........... your eating well now after your op hey... its encouraging x

NO CHARIS! lol :D

I'm not doing badly thanks Kelly. I'm not really restricted at all now apart from not being able to eat chicken yet.

is that a good sign then? take it it is, and you just eat smaller amounts?.. x

Yeah it's a good sign. By about 8-10 weeks you should be able to eat whatever you like provided you stick to the low fat, low sugar rule. But certain things like chicken, eggs, fish can never be tolerated again by some people. You just have to try and see.

Amounts - a side plate is adequate for a meal. When I got the childs portion of xmas dinner I left bits of it and was full.

i use a small pasta dish, and its just enough, and i even use a small set of cutlery now as well, kiddi ones, looks funny, but at least you can only get a small amount of food on them, mind you, ive always used a small spoon to eat anyway, lol

Hope all is ok Karen... are you coming out in sympathy with me? Or are you pregnant? Hope you are soon feeling much better and don't over do anything xxx

If I'm pregnant Beverlie I'll make a fortune selling my story lol.

Mind you, the myrena could have slipped I suppose :confused:

OMG I'll have to check it now - panic attack looming :eek:

I think it's the rushing around Karen and you have had a busy week... see if you get some relaxation time, you're doing so well now... so rest in between and don't overdo it's still early days xxx

its probably just a sharp drop in blood pressure karen, dont worry, dont forget weird things happen to us after this op, so its probably just one of them blips. big hugs, take care xxxx

Sorry to hear bout your funny turn. A friend once reminded me that the coil is not 100% safe & someone she knows got pregnant when she had one. I'm not sure how true it is but apparently the baby was born with the coil in its hand!! Might just be one of those urban myths ;)

I was told when I had the myrena fitted that I would have to have it checked by the doctor if I lost so much weight. But I can't remember how much they said lol. And I've lost 3 stone nearly since it was fitted :rolleyes:

I'm pleased you told me that 'cos I wasn't told that!! That's the last thing I need/want!!

Same here. That would be a total emotional breakdown!

The thing is when you lose lots of weight you lose it from EVERYWHERE. And the coil is fitted to your internal size, snuggly. If you lose a lot it can slip.

Back