• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rash on my tummy....

emmafifema

I have developed a rash on one side of my tummy and on my arm on the same side - I know what it is, its because I layed on the grass at the weekend and I have an allergy to some caterpillar hairs.

Basically I'm now really worried that they wont do my op because its on one side of my tummy - what do you think????

Give them a buzz & they'll probably put yr mind to rest. x

Thanks Ditzee, I may well call them tomorrow..........anyone else got any idea as to whether it will put a stop to my op??

Thanks Ditzee, I may well call them tomorrow..........anyone else got any idea as to whether it will put a stop to my op??

See how the rash is tomorrow , keep it cool, you could wake up tomorrow and it be gone :D
good luck anyway you got 2 days yet till ur op x x

I'd nip to a chemist and buy some over the counter hydrocortisone cream.

Don't use too much it is a steroid cream but it may calm it down.

And stop worrying!! It'll probably be gone by your op

Fingers crossed

Good luck Angela xx

Dont know if this helps, but I managed to burn my stomach on a wallpaper stripper?? one week before surgery... Surgeon worked around it and all was fine.

Still got the scar from the burn though !! Every time I Bio oil the bypass scars I rub a bit on my burn...

Only I couls manage to do this !!

Sally Xx

Well I'm thinking its not like I dont know what it is - its the same rash I get every summer, so they will know its nothing sinister.....I really really hope they still do the surgery

Hi Ditzee,
Thank god its the last day - I feel like I'm drowning inside lol.
The rash has got no better but I did call St Richards and they said it should be fine as its an allergy.

Am waiting from a call from the docs to see if they can give me something stronger for it than what I already have as I want it gone asap really xx

Just make sure you keep your team informed as they'll need to assess whether anything you're using could affect the anaesthetic.

Went to the docs and he just gave me a better antihistamine than I was already taking. Just had my last pint of milk and am now on clear fluids only until midnight!! How exciting"! x

Back