• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on left of tummy

mintball

Hi all,

Not sure if its anything to worry about but for the last week or soo, I ve been getting a stitch-like pain on left side of my upper tummy near my ribs.

Its there very faintly all the time but stabs at me after i eat, even if its only a yoghurt or soup. Its nothing major but i wondered if anyone else has had it?

Hi lisa, i have not had the bypass, i had a band but like you have been having the same sort of pain in my left side, but i can sometimes feel mine even when i havent eaten, so whether its all part of the healing process, im not sure, but i am having a band fill in just over a week so will ask my bariatric nurse then. Sorry i havent been much help. julie

Lisa my main port/keyhole was that side, if it yours it could just be you were bruised more there and its still healing, however if the pains are building please go and get it checked as that is also the side of your gallbladder/liver

Hi lisa I had bad stabbing pains just below the ribs I was also very badly constipated, went the Dr's he gave me movicol and as soon as my bowels were moving the pains went away.

cheers ladies,

My "movements" seem to be fine, I have an appointment next wednesday so i can ask, but i'll go to gp if it gets any worse x x x

had a really bad episode last night with the pain, had to phone in my other job as sick last minute. It was really painful, I was writhin round till it passed, it only lasted about 20 mins but it hurt.

I hadn't eaten for over 2 hours so it wasn't that. Phoned GP today who couldn't fit me in and have left messages with the bariatric nurse where i had my surgery and heard nothing! I'm just gonna have to bear it i think till my review appt on wednesday.

To make matters worse, I have a jaw muscular problem that has flared up so if you can imagine whilst all this is going on, its like a really bad constant toothache!! I used to take tramadol as it was only thing that killed the pain and i can't take them now so I'm in agony.

Crappy crappy few days, don't even wanna weigh myself tomorrow cos i feel like a bag of crap and if i've not lost anything i think it will be the straw to break the camels back!!!!

had a really bad episode last night with the pain, had to phone in my other job as sick last minute. It was really painful, I was writhin round till it passed, it only lasted about 20 mins but it hurt.

I hadn't eaten for over 2 hours so it wasn't that. Phoned GP today who couldn't fit me in and have left messages with the bariatric nurse where i had my surgery and heard nothing! I'm just gonna have to bear it i think till my review appt on wednesday.

To make matters worse, I have a jaw muscular problem that has flared up so if you can imagine whilst all this is going on, its like a really bad constant toothache!! I used to take tramadol as it was only thing that killed the pain and i can't take them now so I'm in agony.

Crappy crappy few days, don't even wanna weigh myself tomorrow cos i feel like a bag of crap and if i've not lost anything i think it will be the straw to break the camels back!!!!
Poor you, you're having a really tough time of it at the moment, hope you feel better soon. julie

Lisa i would turn up at the surgery and sit and wait to be seen as an emergency, all surgeries have to keep a certain number of slots open for ememrgencies

Yeah they would have seen me this morning but i didn't really class myself as an emergency.

I've been ok with it so far today (apart from the jaw ache) so fingers crossed but i will keep an eye on it.

Just been shocked by it really cos till recently not suffered much pain at all. It was all going so well x x x

If it helps Lisa you can get tramadol patches which medicate for 24 hours on script post bypass. It was one solution my doctors were looking at for me, but luckily my pain has reduced so much that paracetemol is all I need.

thats fab to know shell, i think i'll be onto my GP about that first thing tomorrow morning. . . I need my Tramadol!!!!

just remember it's addictive so be careful with it.

don't worry I've had this jaw problem for five years and i get about 3 flare ups a year and take the tramadol for about 2 weeks per episode to get me through it and then nothing till next time so i should be ok, but thanks for the heads up x x x

hope your feelin better soon lisa, you have been doin so well...ive not had my check up appointment yet and it should be about the same time as you, so i will phone them on monday, will let you knowxx

thanks lesley, I'll tell you what is weird though, I've felt so crap, I mean REALLY down for the last couple of days and its only sat here typing this now that I've realised...at no point during this time have I turned to food or even thought about it in that way.

Normally, my train of thought is...I feel crap, I get a bottle of wine and we can have a chinese tonight or use some other kind of food as a band aid.

Obviously its cos of the op but i also think its having you guys around to be able to have a whinge, moan, laughs and hugs with x x x

i no exactly what you mean..its strange isnt it how our paths cross in life....i went out last night for the first time with some girls from work, we went in the pub at 6pm and i only expected to be out until 8 or 9ish, didnt leave the pub until nearly 12 had such a fab nite...i ate small portion of potato stack and !!! feel a bit naughty 3 glasses of wine, but felt fine and was okay this morning.....xx

How far from Preston are you Lesley?

Back