• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 5 after my sleeve op

sarah x

Feeling a little better off the pain killers ;-) tummy still a little tender but managed to sleep on my side last night, this is my second op in the last month, last month I was in Dolan park to have my band fitted after 45 mins in theatre they discovered I had a hernia in my tummy so abandoned the op, one month later I was back in having the sleeve,not feeling hungry in the slightest anyone in the similar boat as me ? What are we all eating I'm living on slim fast and soup ATM Sarah x

same here as to the soup and SF, nothing seems to fit and suit me so I keep giving myself a few more days and try again..i am a bypasser and know the not hungry feeling is weird when you know you haven't eaten...good luck

you will notice the loss soon enough good luck

Last edited:
same here as to the soup and SF, nothing seems to fit and suit me so I keep giving myself a few more days and try again..i am a bypasser and know the not hungry feeling is weird when you know you haven't eaten...good luck
when was your op ?

one wound still infected on second dose of antibiotics I can now lay on my right side no pain at all left side still a little rough, the fact I am never hungry find it hard to eat and or keep anything down is all outweighed by the weight loss which is awesome...but dam I am feeling the cold sooo very cold lol

one wound still infected on second dose of antibiotics I can now lay on my right side no pain at all left side still a little rough, the fact I am never hungry find it hard to eat and or keep anything down is all outweighed by the weight loss which is awesome...but dam I am feeling the cold sooo very cold lol
oh no that's a bummer hopefully the antibiotics will sort that out ! How much have you lost so far ? I'm eating ok but just very very little 10 spoons of soup seems to fill me up ;-) I'm on the lighter side to have had this op but I've struggled all my life with my weight !

including preop as of the scales just this am 39 pounds 12 of which was preop ...yeah you'll see the scales rocking down soon enough good luck back to strictly I go x

I'm so jealous of all you guys who can sleep on your sides I'm on day 9 after a bypass and still can't sleep on my side it just aches too much.

I'm so jealous of all you guys who can sleep on your sides I'm on day 9 after a bypass and still can't sleep on my side it just aches too much.

Have you tried cuddling a pillow? That helped me as it supported my tum.

No I haven't tried that but it's on the opposite side to the side I'm lying on that aches (where the big incision is) ..I'm sure it's just a matter of time but I will try that tonight, thank you x

including preop as of the scales just this am 39 pounds 12 of which was preop ...yeah you'll see the scales rocking down soon enough good luck back to strictly I go x
that's amazing well done I'm hoping for the same results ;-)

oh no that's a bummer hopefully the antibiotics will sort that out ! How much have you lost so far ? I'm eating ok but just very very little 10 spoons of soup seems to fill me up ;-) I'm on the lighter side to have had this op but I've struggled all my life with my weight !

Hi Sarah
Do you mind me asking your weight or your BMI as I'm also on the lighter side and nearly everyone I have told about my plans for weight loss surgery have been negative? But I am looking at it as a long term aid rather than a quick fix :)
Shaba xxx

Hi Sarah Do you mind me asking your weight or your BMI as I'm also on the lighter side and nearly everyone I have told about my plans for weight loss surgery have been negative? But I am looking at it as a long term aid rather than a quick fix :) Shaba xxx
hi no of course not before pre op diet I was 16 stone 4 lb I've struggled for years with my weight I can lose it by barley eating but as soon as I eat it goes back on, I'm only 31 have two young child. I'm hoping it will be the best decision I've ever made.

Hi Sarah Do you mind me asking your weight or your BMI as I'm also on the lighter side and nearly everyone I have told about my plans for weight loss surgery have been negative? But I am looking at it as a long term aid rather than a quick fix :) Shaba xxx
I haven't told anyone about my surgery other then my husband of course I felt slightly embarrassed and ashamed that I couldn't do it on my own this I just couldn't get the will power x x

Good luck with your recovery Sarah. Are you allowed to have Complan? Those shakes were my saviour, I much preferred them to Slim Fast, which I found quite sickly.

I'm a lighter patient too - although a bander not a sleever - I'm in the 15s (or was) but wanted to end the yo-yo dieting.

It's our decision and we need to do what's right for us. I felt I was far too overweight and I was unhappy, so I decided to do something about it permanently.

I went for the band too but once in the theatre they found I had a hernia and couldn't fit the band ditched me back up and 3 weeks later and another £4590 I had the sleeve, I'm hoping to be 10 stone very soon ;-) x

Back