• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

re-canalisation

icycle

I have been having problems losing weight these past few months and after various tests the hospital have discovered that my stomach has basically re-joined back together. Has anyone else had this problem and how did they overcome it. I know that there is a possibility of surgery again but just wondered if anyone has experienced this. It is making me really miserable.:cry:

Poor you :cry: I haven't heard of it. How long since your surgery & what type was it? Do you think you will have it done again? Hope you resolve this soon, sweetie xxx :wave_cry:

oh no how awful for you :( will you have to pay for another op?

I had the gastric bypass Feb 2010 on the NHS. They said this is a very rare occurence. My surgery took place at Sunderland Royal Hosp.

I had the gastric bypass Feb 2010 on the NHS. They said this is a very rare occurence. My surgery took place at Sunderland Royal Hosp.
well hopefully they will do it again for you, if you want it again of course xxx

well hopefully they will do it again for you, if you want it again of course xxx

Ditto ... have you reached goal or do you still need to lose more. You must be quite downhearted over this, I know I would be, but you will gets lots of support on here when ever you need to vent. Not come across your particular problem on here before, though, but we can at least empathise xxx :wave_cry:

Wow never heard of that happening before, so sorry its happened to you and fingers crossed it can be sorted out quickly for you ((((hug)))).

Sorry to hear about this.

A traditional RNY bypass is done by using an automatic stapler/cutter which inserts 6 rows of staples and cuts between row 3 and 4.

I've never heard of the stomach line being left uncut, but it used to be fairly common that the bowel lines were uncut and simply stapled.

The recanalised bowel line can be repaired by insertion of a buttress or converted to a traditional cut RNY.

The link below explains a few things:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/fpu570811101642h/fulltext.pdf

If your bowel line has recanalised then it may be that you have been able to eat alot more and your body is absorbing a lot more of that food.

Have your team given you any explanation about this?

Hope everything is sorted soon and please let us know how you are getting on.

Take care. Biggy

hi
i am really sorry this has happened to you
i too have not heard of this happeninmg befor
i to whish you all the best of luck
hopefully this can be resolved with out to much
stress for you.
i do hope you keep poosting cos as twinkle says
we are all here to support one another
if you want to vent you frustration,
i look forward to hearing how you get on
best of luck to you. xxxx