• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reaching goal weight

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
Just a quick question of those who have had bypass, band or sleeve....

How do you slow down or stop weight loss once you reach goal weight and then maintain the weight your happy at?

Eat nice stuff? Drink alcohol? Oops sorry...don't listen to me! Only kidding! But you up the cals a little whilst still eating healthily :)

I used to wonder this, but now I am only 16lb from goal my losses have slowed all on their own. I lose a lb here and there now.

That's the bit I am trying to learn at the moment. As Jo said, increasing consumption is needed. Healthy was right word too. Last week i saw less healthy food creeping into my diet as i tried to up my calories, but its not the slippery slope, I recognise that and will tweak it a bit going forwards. I have upped my calories but my weight loss has still carried on a bit; however my weight fluctuates on a four to five week basis anyway, so I think it will take a few months to find out what the optimum level is. It's also a change in mindset that's important, because you go through all the hard work and are inspired from the motivation of the weekly successes and pats on the back for the weight losses, to what ... Sts? :confused:

For most people the weightloss slows and in some cases stops before you get to goal. Your body adapts to the surgery, some of the malabsorption is lost as the intestines adapt, and the pouch capacity increases slightly. Most people have to work to lose the last 10-30% of excess weight.

Some reach goal before the body adapts fully, and have to slightly increase calories, add in snacks, etc, to maintain.

Some people have a fight on. Up to 20% suffer some level of chronic malabsorption, which leads to rapid weight loss with few if any stalls, losing all the excess weight in a relatively short amount of time. Then it's a long term battle to stop losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back