• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you decide your goal weight/size??

Meggie

Hey,
How did you decide your goal weight/size? I think I'd be happy at a size 14, and obviously understand that my body will probably have a big part of my decision!!

Also, do you think trying to stick to a certain weight/size to limit loose skin is achievable??

One last part to this message!! For the people who have reached or are nearing goal, what was your original goal and how close did you get to achieving it?

Hope this message makes sense!! I'm very tired!!!

Hi Meg,

I chose my goal as it was near the top end of healthy BMI and I couldn't imagine getting to a weight that was much lower than that.

I'm not sure what dress size that will make me, as Im about 2 1/2 stone away from it and I am already a size 14.

I'm fairly confident that I will reach target as I am still losing at approx 1/2 stone a month,but i do have a lot of loose skin so that may stand in my way.

Same as you Sam.

At 210lb, I would be 30.1 on the bmi and 'only' overweight!

Now, because of the results I've been having, if I did get to 15stone I reckon the excess skin would be a stone too, so would I count this in the equation? No idea!

I'll see what they say Wednesday on my next meeting with the team.

If I aimed for a BMI of 25 then that would make me about 160lbs. I think I would be too skinny then as I have a large frame.

I did have an appointment with the surgeon recently who told me I'd lost 60% of my excess body weight (woohoo!!!). Should've asked him what their goal for me was!! I have another appointment on the 20th of May so guess I can ask then!!!

To get to a healthy BMI i'd need to be under 9stone, which seems so unrealistic to me i never even considered it so initially i set my aim at losing half my body weight, which meant getting to 10.5 stone.
I also have a mini goal that i've decided i'd be satisfied with of 12 stone. If i get to 10.5 great, but as long as i get below 12 i'd feel okay (i think !)

My previous attempts to get to my ideal weight of 10 stone was ridiculous, especially as I had 2 stone of excess skin. I did get down to 11 stone, but I looked like a prisoner of war, my ideal weight is 13 stone !

I've picked mine just to get to a healthy BMI.

But I saw the consultant last week and he's advised me that I should only aim for a BMI of 29 and not 25 as he feels that 25 would be too low for my build.

There's a difference of 29=12st 25=10st. So as the mo I'm not sure. I'll see how I feel/look if I get there.

God i can't even imagine getting below a size 20 (which is the smallest size i've worn in 20 yrs) never mind a healthy bmi.....

Five weeks to go i'll be thinking of it soon enough i guess :) xx

Just to add to my earlier post - although it seems mental to think I could be 11 stone one day, even with this being at the higher end of healthy, I'm fully prepared for the fact that there may be some "bounce back" as I learn to maintain my weight, so getting to 11 stone and staying at 11 stone will be two different things entirely.

I can only go by what I was years ago when I was about size 12/10. I'm short with a small frame and I weighed 8st 13lb back then which is sort of middle of the healthy BMI range for my height/frame.
Age/loose bits allowing I will be ecstatic with anything from 10 stone to 8 1/2. Mind you being a bander I am not all that convinced I will be able to get there. A size 14 would do...at least I would look dumpy but not overly overweight. Just want to be an average person and get to my old age !

Never really had a goal myself my goal has been chosen for me by the pct really if i don't get under 30 bmi they won't even consider me for plastics and after an 18 stone loss beleive me i need it. Janey:confused:

I'm at 12 stone now after so far losing 10 stone my excess skin really isnt too bad. I first set my goal at 10 stone but after seeing other peoples thought i may have been being a bit optimistic so changed it to 11 stone. My dietician said i should aim at the high end of 70 kilos which is around 12.10 as i probably wouldnt get any lower because i was so overweight(22st 3lb) i've already gone past that and am still losing around 7lb a month so who knows guess my body will decide for itself!!!!

I've tentatively set a goal of 9st 7lb (BMI 21.5) as this is the weight I felt most comfortable at during my 20s. Whether or not this is achievable now I'm in my 40s is a different matter altogether. I'll be quite happy just to get below 11st (BMI 24.9) and into size 14 clothes. If I do manage to get back to a size 10/12 then I'll be ecstatic!

I was 7st 4lb (BMI 16.5) at my lowest and seriously underweight, although I didn't realise it at the time, and 19st 8lb (BMI 44.2) at my heaviest about 5yrs ago.

I chose a weight midway through a healthy BMI. I weighed this weight during high school but haven't seen it since then. My personal trainer said a more realistic weight for my build (and having had twins) was around 10 stone.

I've not set myself a weight goal but I have a size goal of a size 16/18 as have not been this for at least 25 yrs since was in senior school. Whether this will emerge or not is yet to be seen as its early days yet, 8 wks.
I started at a size 26/28 an have already gone done to a comfortable 24 an can get my 22 jeans OMG

xx

I really wanted to be a size 16 so I could buy clothes easy from anywhere and I would be then overweight not fat/obese.

I went past my aim and am about a size 10! Last time I was so small I was at junior school! I am on the low side of healthy and some of my team and my lower gastro consultant at another hospital both want me a little heavier really. I am just pleased my weightloss has now stopped and I have maintained within 2lbs for two months. I dont feel I am too light it is just they wanted me to have some weight to lose if I am ill in the future.

I want to be half what i was when i had my gp referal as for me that was the start of my journey so will be 10st 5lb at the end.
xxx

For me the dietician set my goal weight based on the average loss for my surgery type and my excess weight. She said that I should be around a size 16, I can't even remember the last time I was a size 16.

I think I will play my target by ear to see how I look as I get smaller, the main thing for me is to be healthy.

If I aimed for a BMI of 25 then that would make me about 160lbs. I think I would be too skinny then as I have a large frame.

I did have an appointment with the surgeon recently who told me I'd lost 60% of my excess body weight (woohoo!!!). Should've asked him what their goal for me was!! I have another appointment on the 20th of May so guess I can ask then!!!

Wow 60% already Ellen? You didn't tell me that! That's amazing...I'm so pleased for you.

I was told I'd probably get to about 12 stone which would still put me in the overweight category. I'd probably a size 16 then (possibly 14) and I'd be happy with that. It would be lovely to be in the healthy bracket but I was told that was unrealistic (I'd said 10 stone). Oh well, what will be will be....I don't think I really have much control over it at the moment anyway.

Back