• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you decide your goal weight/size??

My target is 10stone, about 10lb to go. It's really slowed down now tho, so I don't expect to get there for a while.

My provider things I have 10lb of excess skin on my stomach....

I am in size 12 trousers and size 14 tops (because of my stomach).

I set my goal based on a healthy BMI (top end). If I am honest I would like to get to the middle of a healthy BMI weight, but didn't want to set myself up to fail. Maybe that is achievable, I don't know.

Rx

I have said 10st to start with but I would love to get down to 9st-9 1/2st if possible, just so that I have a little to work with if my weight creeps on for any reason as I settle into maintaining.
To be honest I always said that 11 stone might be light enough for me, I would be healthier and slimmer but still have some curves on me. I told my surgeon that I would adore being a size 12 but a 14 was technically my goal size. I am now 12st 9lbs and so at least two to three stone from goal and already I can fit into a few size 14 items, so I dont think that I can aim at sizes, I am going to have to aim more for the weight and see what size the weight makes me.
I reckon that I am going to have a bit of weight on me from extra skin to my tummy as I have already started to get back pain around my bra strap area and as my bone structure is actually starting to look quick delicate (who knew!!! lol) I think that there is some weight involved in my tummy region skin wise.
So I reckon if I hit 10st and look decent and can maintain it then I might stop there, but if Im lucky enough to hit 9st I will definately stop there and try to maintain. 9st would put me in an ideal BMI range for me so that would be good.
I havent actually asked them what they think I should aim for.
Steph xx

I am very happy with me size now at 14 stone 11. But I have loads of extra bits arms legs tummy etc and I think if I have those taken away I will be happy. I in my whole life have never been thin so i think that is enuff for me. Close friends and family are now starting to say I have lost enough and my face is starting to look drawn which I know it is and I dont want that.

Strange how we see ourselves really. I just want to be normal for the first time in my life and feel the only way to do that is have the extra bits taken off

Jo
xx

I chose 11 stone exactly, but it was nothing to do with my bmi or ideal weight.

It's because I'm a bit odd when it comes to things being even, symmetry etc and I want to lose exactly half of me in exactly 1 year (Not that I'm asking for much)

I know the chances of that happening are very slim, but that was my way of thinking.

I did tell you I'm a bit odd, haha!!

xxx

I think I am a wee bit frightened to say, but if I am honest I would love to be around size 14 which I should think is 10stone. Cant really remember how much I should weigh to be a 14.... LOL

Although I would be happy with 11 stone, 10 stone would be the icing on the cake.

The lightest weight i remember being is 13 stone around 18 years ago! i was comfortable with that weight i'm now 23 stone, however i would love to be around 12 stone, i'm worried that any lighter would make me look unwell, but still pre op so i'll have to wait & see :confused:

When I had my op the dietician said 2 lbs a week over a year was just over 7 st (if one loses more than 2lb a week the excess is not fat but muscle and isn't to be recommended long term - I of course have NEVER ost more than 2 lb a week - and I never tell tales either :8855:)

I was 23st BMI 59 at the time after 2 pre-op diets and thought "Oh that would be great I'd be between 15 and 16 st what I was when I married in 88"

Now nearly 18 months later I have a BMI of 27 and am around 11 stone. Clothes size 12/14 and 13 stone lighter!! EWL 93%

so my goal posts changed

DRAMATICALLY

am now aiming for the magic BMI 25 but that will be 10 st 3 which I'm sure will be too much - just want to be 10 st something now cos I NEVER expected to be this small - just so I can say I got to 10 st!!

Still can't believe I'm writing this :8855:

Angela xx

What a great loss you have had Angela! I lost over 9 stone over 10 yrs ago on SW and was 12 stone 9lbs. I felt great, so it would be lovely to be there again. To be honest though I would feel so much better just getting under 20 stone! x

Hi

I chose my intial goal weight as the top of the healthy BMI for my height.

For me a BMI of 25 would be around 12 1/2 stone and I would be a size 14. A BMI of 20 would be around 10 stone and I would be a size 10.

Initially I wanted to just get to 12 stone 7 but Im thinking of changing that to 12 stone.

Back