• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reading our Lab results

Benrese

Hello all!

I have a bit of a different situation. I had my surgery in America (California). I am now post op 4 years.

It was time to get my labs done and I received my results. As always-I asked for a print out and took them home. I sat down to read them and realized-:eek: they are not in the format I recalled!! LOL!

Duh! Silly me-Hello! I am NOT in the US anymore! :rolleyes:

Ah-but how to understand the conversions?

Yes-I can ask my doctor and she did say "fine-they look fine". Oh good. :thankyou: She said they are fine!! Cool!! :D:D

But wait! I remember something at the last moment-I am the ONLY gastric bypass patient she has and she is honest to say she is not really "up" on all the needs we may have.

Right! OK-no problem....after all-I have taken on being my own advocate and learning to read my labs.

Things that might be "Ok" to our GP-may be something we can get proactive about-perhaps a slightly low protein or dodgy ferratin level.

I have gone online to see if I could find conversion tools-but they confuse me!

I guess I am just thinking out loud-how can I better train myself on the conversions?

When I was living in the US-I got this really great guide. It had the names of the labs we need and next to each was the acceptable (low to high) range.

I wonder if one of the surgeons or groups for post WLS have created one here in the UK?

I will continue to see what I can research and find-and will happily share if I do find anything.

However-if you happen to have any useful information, I would be ever so grateful if you would share!!! :gen126:

Thanks for reading!!!

:eek:

Back