• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RESULTS !!!

debbieb

Just finished at the hospital !!! ...results at last ! ... They have admitted that they have left me too long before doing anything !! , I have to now as well as everything else take protein gel sashets , and mr Ahmed has placed me as an emergency on his operating list for next Thursday so that they can get my stretch done ASAP , and because I am phobic about tubes in my mouth, dentists etc, if it doesn't go to plan without anesthetics then he can just put me straight under there and then .... Roll on next week !!

Oh poor you but at least something being done. I had to be fed on drips & had a stretch. Mine was caused by allergies to meds not the surgery. The stretch was done under sedation for me due to my allergies. It was not as bad as I thought it would be & the difference post stretch was immediate. I was discharged the next day after being in hospital for 2 weeks on drips. Not looked back since. Good luck.

Is that Mr Ahmed in derby ? Im waiting for my operation date there. What went wrong, if you don't mind me asking ?

Paula Lewis said:
Is that Mr Ahmed in derby ? Im waiting for my operation date there. What went wrong, if you don't mind me asking ?

Hi Paula ,
Basically where they joined my stomach and intestine together they made the join too narrow ! .. And yes it is mr Ahmed in derby, he is a lovely man very pleasant and well spoken, despite things going wrong for me , don't let it put you off ! .. He's lovely.

Oh thanks for sharing that :) and I've found another person from Nottingham !! How long from referral did you have to wait for surgery ? If you don't mind me asking.

Thank goodness they've finally agreed to get on with getting you sorted x

Sue

(another potential Mr Ahmed patient!)

Paula Lewis said:
Oh thanks for sharing that :) and I've found another person from Nottingham !! How long from referral did you have to wait for surgery ? If you don't mind me asking.

This is the boring bit !! .. Lol, from gp referal to bypass I had to wait for just short of 2 years !! Sorry, where abouts in notts are you from ? , I live in new Ollerton .

Debbie, can I ask what problems you were having for them to decide you need a stretch?

Nanny Og said:
Debbie, can I ask what problems you were having for them to decide you need a stretch?

No I don't mind you asking, basically anything with lumps in makes me physically sick !!.. My diet consists of yogurts, tomato soup, instant mash made sloppy, and crisps that melt when you eat them.. Quavers, French fries, and wotsits !!( and, I know some people might frown at me eating crisps, but it has been advised by the hospital ! ) AND THAT'S ALL my diet has consisted of for the last 18 weeks !!.

I think I'll need to contact my team. I'm brining everything I eat back up apart from weetabix & porridge.

Nanny Og said:
I think I'll need to contact my team. I'm brining everything I eat back up apart from weetabix & porridge.

Definatly contact your team, how far post op are you ?.. You. Don't want it to go on as long ad me.. Keep me informed how you go on.x

5 weeks today. I was on slops for 3 1/2 weeks then told to start solids as they don't believe puree stage helps anything

I live in Radford Debbie, but I'm originally from south Wales. I've been here for almost 3 years now and I work in the NHS. Is ollerton far from the city? It will bee almost 2 years for me too. But I'm sure it's worth the wait. How much have you lost so far?

Paula Lewis said:
I live in Radford Debbie, but I'm originally from south Wales. I've been here for almost 3 years now and I work in the NHS. Is ollerton far from the city? It will bee almost 2 years for me too. But I'm sure it's worth the wait. How much have you lost so far?

I work for notts county council, and Ollerton is about 20 miles away from you.. And as for weight loss.... I have lost 8 stone since 29th December , but mr Ahmed said that although the weight loss is excellent , it is partly down to complications, and that I have lost it a little too quick..8 through no fault of my own !

Crikey that's alot ! A bit of a personal question an if you don't want to answer that's cool. Have you got alot of loose skin because you've lost it too fast ? Sorry if I'm asking loads of questions :-/

Paula Lewis said:
Crikey that's alot ! A bit of a personal question an if you don't want to answer that's cool. Have you got alot of loose skin because you've lost it too fast ? Sorry if I'm asking loads of questions :-/

Short answer" yes ".. long answer "yeeeeesssss" ,
P.s.. If my boobs go any further south they will be applying for Australian citizenship !!!!, lol

Well if its their fault you hjave lost it sooo fast think they should allow bthe corrective plastic surgery when you are 2 years post op,won't be available to me but you will need it. mine is coming off gradually still have loose flesh but trying to keep it toned as much as i can my boobs like your have gone South can nearly tuck them n my waistband when av no bra on, all the fullness has gone. xx good luck xx

chrisa said:
Well if its their fault you hjave lost it sooo fast think they should allow bthe corrective plastic surgery when you are 2 years post op,won't be available to me but you will need it. mine is coming off gradually still have loose flesh but trying to keep it toned as much as i can my boobs like your have gone South can nearly tuck them n my waistband when av no bra on, all the fullness has gone. xx good luck xx

Thank you.x

Back