• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ready... or not ?

RoseA

I've written before, about how my journey to WLS was a bit quick initially. When my original surgery date was cancelled I just wasn't ready and it was therefore a blessing. Back on the waiting list, and in the slow lane, I had time to prepare properly and I have finally come to the point where I think I can say I am ready. The interesting thing is, I thought I'd achieved that a couple of months ago, but I realised today that wasn't the case at all. The difference is between being head ready - and heart ready.

A couple of months ago I finally felt mentally ready and I thought that was it. I've never had that sense of yearning that some of you have obviously experienced. When I had to turn down another date because of a holiday I was disappointed... but not devastated. That didn't overly concern me - I put it down to the fact that am naturally phlegmatic and rarely experience extreme emotions, at either end of the scale.

I now realise that although I was head ready... I wasn't heart ready. Intellectual acceptance is not the same as emotional acceptance. Today I finally realised that I really want this now ! Yes... REALLY !! Of course I'm apprehensive, scared sometimes... but I just want to get on with it now... and would genuinely be devastated if it was postponed or even cancelled.

Roll on 20 May...

Rose

good luck hun x

Great to hear Rose :) Even with all the problems and lifestyle changes we have I think most of us do not regret our bands/bypasses....except wishing we had had them sooner. I wish you every success with your WLS and hope you enjoy the journey to the slim healthy you inside xx Hugs xx

I was the same as you Rose. It took a couple of years from an initial 'how interesting' to a final 'yes, that's for me'. Now that I've had it done, I love it. I feel normal now, not ruled by my appetite, it's such a relief!

I wish i was at that point,ready to start the pre op diet,ready for the big day and change,i am soooooo desperate to have this done but i am at the very beginning of the process just waiting and waiting for news about if i get the funding and waiting for my next appointment.Its only been one month of waiting so far but it seems like a lifetime! Good luck x

Great to hear you are all set for your op. You won't regret it. You will wonder "what was all the fuss about". Good luck. When do you start your pre-op diet, and which one are you doing? xx

What a very sensible but interesting post! I actually think the same thing happened to me, but we wont talk about it as it's your thread....

Good luck on the 20th, come back quickly, safely and a loser xx

What a very sensible but interesting post! I actually think the same thing happened to me, but we wont talk about it as it's your thread....

Good luck on the 20th, come back quickly, safely and a loser xx

I'd be interested in hearing how it happened for you..?

Rose

Back