• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really confused now

nikkib80

just had a phone call from weight management saying that my 10 week course starts on 27th march ( what ) never heard about it, apparently i need to do the course then wait for 6 months before i get reffered but if i loose any more weight i have no chance of getting funding as my bmi already 39, i loose weight then put it back on its been like that for 16 years so do i go and prove i cant loose it myself or loose it then put it back on which i definately will, soooo confused:confused:

oh im confused for you!! i never had to do a weight management course... i think you need to give them a call back and explain what you have told us.. good luck xx

yes i had to do a weight management course, but you will be amazed at the ammount of weight you can loose pre op, it does fly by and helps give you some tools when you do eventualy have your op. xxx

yes i had to do a weight management course, but you will be amazed at the ammount of weight you can loose pre op, it does fly by and helps give you some tools when you do eventualy have your op. xxx

But i think what Nikki is saying.. if she goes below her BMI she wont get funding for the op x

:)i think what ill do is give it my best shot ( last time ) then if i can do it without surgery fantastic ( doubtfull ) but if i cant at least i know i can ( hopefully ) have the surgery further down the line, just feel a bit boo, doctor should have told me about this weight management thing, i didnt have a clue what the poor woman was on about lol

nikkib80 said:
:)i think what ill do is give it my best shot ( last time ) then if i can do it without surgery fantastic ( doubtfull ) but if i cant at least i know i can ( hopefully ) have the surgery further down the line, just feel a bit boo, doctor should have told me about this weight management thing, i didnt have a clue what the poor woman was on about lol

Lots of GP's refer without any notion of what comes next. Sometimes my hospital seems to make it up as they go along. So my GP could have never explained it lol

Good luck with your weight management programme. Mine was beneficial :)

Hi, I did weight management & the weight you are on your first visit to them is the one that sets your BMI so even if you lose loads over the 6 mnths, your starting BMI still counts. Good luck, hon ... it really is a good, worthwhile 6 mnths as it helps with what comes after your op. xxx :)

Hi,
I did weight management for nearly two years before I got my op. I did find it benefitial but I dont think that your BMI counts from when you start it is the BMI you have from being refered for the funding ( in this area anyway ).
Good luck,
Lyndsey x

yes twinkle i forgot to put that as well it is what your b.m.i. is on the first appointment, and also they still like you to loose 10% of your beginning weight nikki. xxxx

weight management.

yes as said befor i think you are asking about weight management and i woulnt worry to much about loosing any weight as twinkle says they take your first weight and that is what stays so go to these weight managemrnt courses because as i stated befor they will provide you with the tools you need once you have your surgery i hope every thing goes well for you keep us posted. xxxx

thanks everyone for your comments, im finding it very supportive and helpful on here, my first appointment is march 27th and i will give it my best and in the not too distant future be where i want to be fingers crossed cos i feel bloody miserable at the moment, i actually didnt realise just how much it was affecting me till i burst into tears at the docs as soon as i started talking xxx

It proves how determined you are for surgery,I didnt lose much but went every week anyway to show how much I wanted it!

Is it at forest cottage hun I had to do upbeat there for 10 weeks as well hun my doc wouldn't reffer me untill I'd done it I didn't lose anything on it though but it is fantastic what they do but I just hate the woman who does it, Xx

And Our area don't ask you to loose anything pre op hun they don't think its fair because we have been doing it for so long they just ask you to maintain Xx

its not linda is it toni, she did the one at halifax swimming baths, i only went 3 times cos she made me feel like crap, she talks down to you and treats you as if your stupid, i really hope its not her, yes it is forest cottage, no idea where it is she just said past morrisons lolxxx

ill have to go once ive dropped vanessa off, she goes to moorside so i should be able to cut up somewhere, linda is awful, she talks down to you n makes you feel like crap, if it was a nice person running it i would have completed the 10 weeks last summer, i remember on the second week i lost 6 lbs n she had a right go at me saying it was too much, i felt a right bloody fool cos everyone could hear her xxx then the 3rd week she had a go because i was ( apparently ) standing too close to her when she was talking, i didnt go back after that lol

She shouldn't be aloud to be like that people go to her for help I hate her too, I don't mind shanti who does the exercise after xxx

:Dyeah she was nice,i wasnt allowed to join in first week cos id just started diabetes meds but after linda n another woman left she let me join in n shes always smiling which is nice:D

Back