• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey, whats yours??

Teasdaler

Rachael
I had my Gastric bypass op on the 27th of May (09) and since then I have lost 1 stone and 7lb. Had to loose a stone before hand! Before I had the op my liver was huge and still is and am a bit worried about and further problems with it. Had my op done through key hole which am chuffed about as I dint like the sound of being sliced open, not sure why, but scared I guess only thing was, was that because my liver was still enlarged during the op I had to have 10 insisions rather then just the basic 5 they normally do!!!! Am chuffed with the results so far and have the rest of my life to look forward to but still feel rock solid across my stomach lol!!!! I can feel the effects and others are saying that they can see the effects. I am apparently gonna loose aroung 80% of my body weight but can not figure out what Ill get to!!!! Im thinking bout 10 stone ish!!!!What is your story?? Have you had any complications??? What have yah lost so far and hoping to loose?? I am apparently gonna loose aroung 80% of my body weight but can not figure out what Ill get to!!!! Im thinking bout 10 stone ish!!!!

Just popping in to say hi I am still waiting for funding but hoping to get a bypass done. Good luck with your journey you are doing well so far with your loss.

Hi there. My journey was a long one, it took 18 months from first aproaching my GP to my actual surgery which was 29th Oct, 2008. I have lost over 8 stone in under 8 months. I am hoping to drop about 2 more stone, and I really feel like it is possible!

The difference in my life is so amazing it feels like a dream come true. I haven't had complications of any sort but I have followed my surgeon's instructions to the very letter. I have reversed my diabetes, high blood pressure and many other health issues in such a short time. Also, I have been given the all clear from my doctor to start trying for a baby which pre-op was a no-go due to my PCOS and all the meds I took.

Best of luck on your journey,
Nic:p

Nice one

Well done phatgirl. Im not sure why some of the waiting lists are bigger then others, I finally picked up the courage to aske for a bypass after about 6 months of concidering it, went Just after new yr I think it was and got my first appoinment then end of january, had another pre op appointment then in april then had my op a month later. Just wanderring how much the people whod had it done had lost roughtly each monhth after having it done???

Hi teasdaler and welcome i was refered by my GP last may to an endocrainologist after stalling for 6 weeks whilst doing lipotrim. After doing bloods, blood pressure and urine analasys hs told me that the only way i would lose weight and keep it off was to have a bypass. I had never considered surgery so it came as a bit of a shock.
I had my bypass in november and could kiss the ground the endocrainologist walks on. It really is the best thing that has happened to me apart from having my son. ive had no complications but like nic have followed the instructions to the T. On average i have lost a stone a month but tend to find the week of my period i maintain i have lost just over 7 stone in 7 months.
good luck with your journey it really is a life changing one.

Hi and welcome, I'm nearly 11 months post gastric bypass and 15 stone lighter.
In the 12 months since op I will have lost 70 - 75% of my excess body weight.

Hi and welcome to mini's i had my bypass on 9th Jan and have not regreted it for a moment, as i am sure you will not.

Hi I had my Bypass 4 weeks ago yesterday. The surgery was fine, but I've not been 100% due to various things including a very nasty infection which seems to be in hand now. I've lost almost 2 stone. I can't believe it either. I'm quite enjoying sifting through my wardrobe and finding clothes that now fit me rather than feeling like they cut me in two! I have taken pics - at the beginning, then yesterday 4 weeks later. I can see the difference especially in my face. I can hardly wait untill next month's photos. It's like a miracle! x x

I have reversed my diabetes, high blood pressure and many other health issues in such a short time. Also, I have been given the all clear from my doctor to start trying for a baby which pre-op was a no-go due to my PCOS and all the meds I took.

Nic:p

Hi Nic, I am very very very happy that you have reversed all the health issues and given all clear for TTC. I hope you get a BFP very soon. sending lots and lots of baby dusts to your way.

Ive not regreted my op at all, dont feel any diffrent, part from bit lighter, lol. Been bit down about it all at times but all is gonna be worth it. Im just bit worried as I know people close to me who have had probs with their ops!!! Its actually nice top hear diffrents peoples tales on it cus it helps me look forrward. Only thing am struggling with at the moment is what to have fluid wise as am getting bored now of the same thing day in day out. Am having Proting shake for breakfast, Either half a tine of strained soup or protine shake for lunch then same for tea :S

Horlics or Oveltien light, low fat yogurt, custard made with sweetener, bovril, sugar free jelly made with protien mix.
hth
hc

Thank you, Been having more choices in liqid foods wise his weeks which has been nice, custard has been a nce change to soup!!

Hello Racheal nice to see you here.

Hi Rachael,
Welcome to minis and Congratulations on having your Bypass Op.

I had my Bypass 6th December 08 and have lost 1 stone a month,
which is a total of 6 st 1lb
I am at the end of my journey now, but feel so many benifits and so much healthier, I suffered from PCOS,depession and anxiety attacks before and they have all gone. Its been the best desision i have ever made and changed my life totaly.
Well done on your weightloss so far and heres to a new healthier you!

Back