• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really touched...

RoseA

I've been really touched by the positive comments I've received from colleagues at work about my weight loss and how well I look. But today I could have cried... a lady I don't know (but who obviously knew who I was) stopped me in the canteen to say she wanted to congratulate me on my "amazing weight loss" and say how inspiring I was for her as she's desperately trying to lose weight herself (she was quite big)... I felt so guilty... :cry:and found myself telling her I'd had WLS... Then I felt guilty that I was trivialising the WLS process as she's obviously trying to do it "the hard way" and found myself saying "but it's still hard work of course" and she said "but you're so brave, I really admire you for it..." :cry::cry::cry:

No-one told me how to cope with this !!!

It must be lovely to get such great comments; and you have to pat yourself on the back as you have had to work at it to get the weight off. Must be difficult knowing how to tell people as you don`t know what their reaction will be and a number of people have a very negative view of wls and think its the easy way out. If they only knew!

Well Done Rose Love Kat x

Oh no Rose so sorry to hear that, first of all WELL DONE for your weight loss. I really dont think this is the easy way out for dieting, it is really hard work. I am only at my pre-op diet stage. Its all about how changing our lifestyles how we eat. Like I was told our band is "a tool" which will help us loose weight. We still have to put all the hard work in.

WLS is a hard way to loose weight. None of us had a willpower to loose weight by just dieting and exercising, but admitting it to yourself, let alone other people is a VERY brave thing to do. You took your life into your own hands and found a solution to your problem. Not many people can do that.

I don't usually tell people about WLS. I just don't feel that many people do HAVE to know (like somebody who has been all their life thin will neve r get it) but if I can see that a person is struggling with the weight I do tell. For example none of my friends know, but my neighbour does.

You did the right thing by telling her. Maybe it will make her think and who knows, maybe she will brave enough to go through with it too.

Awwww Rose, you haven't taken the easy way in my opinion.... it's been a painstaking and arduous journey for you to have WLS and you are deserving of praise for all you have gone through to get where you are...

Love and hugs always xxx

There is no hard or easy way to lose weight (keeping it off is the biggest challenge). Hard is as hard does and to be honest, if anyone ever said to me that WLS is the easy or cheats option, I'd be hard pressed not to knock 'em out on the spot!

I am often asked how I have lost my weight and I always give the same answer; hard work and exercise. That's the truth. Because WLS and living with it is bl**dy hard work!

You have done tremendously Rose, and whether you had surgery or not you had to put in so much hard work. You didnt just wake up from the op and weight had gone. I have told a lot of people about my op already and everyone has been fine with it or so i hope...... but i hope that nice lady goes away and decides to have the op herself. You never know Rose you may have planted the seed in her mind, how good would that be lol. xxxxx

Well done to you sounds like you have done amazingly and it does bring a nice warm feeling inside when someone notices!! I do however tell most people I have had the band because I dont want to take all the glory however, I then follow it up with the it isnt the easy way out though you still have to work really hard with it. I find myself just accepting the compliments off people I dont see very often and who are not friends as such I am not telling them!! Weird but hard work whatever way we look at it so pat yourself on the back and keep smiling :)

Back